Gear Knob.

W4RDL3 M1CR4

Ex. Club Member
Can any universal Gear knob be fitted onto a Micra or are there certain ones that can't fit? I don't want to risk fitting one and there being a hole underneath and for it also to wobble about.

Can someone also tell me how to fit one too as I can't seem to get my standard one to come off!

Universal ones come with spacers mate, little plastic sleeves that you slip over the shaft (hehehe) an put the gear knob on. Then there are three little grub screws u screw in until secure!

The standard one is a pain in the arse to come off but it does! Unscrew it, you might need to cut it off lol i did!

Daz

Spike said:
yeah, you might wanna cut the gear shaft down a bit! thats what I did (Y)
Why would I need to cut it down abit mate?

I'll see if I can get it off... If not I'll just have to cut it off.. Is it ok to drive around with no gear knob on? If yes I'll give it ago now! LOL.

W4RDL3 M1CR4 said:
Why would I need to cut it down abit mate?

I'll see if I can get it off... If not I'll just have to cut it off.. Is it ok to drive around with no gear knob on? If yes I'll give it ago now! LOL.
ah is yours the facelift model? ive got the pre-facelift and though the gear stick was way to long, in 5th it was up against my leg, so I whipped my mini disc cutter out, and a few thousand sparks later, shave a inch or two from it

(Y)

Back