problems with electrics?

Ok I got a micra off my auntie for free its an L reg k11. think its LX or something like that just another little 1litre but its 4 door which is ideal because i have a little one now to.

The thing is when you put the sidelights on it make a buzzing sound like its shorting or something, i was thinking maybe a fuse has gone? Its not the same noise the car makes when you open the door with the lights still on its more of a buzzing noise, any ideas?

Also the cv joint needs replacing but my old man has done that before on his almera so im asuming it will be a pretty much straight forward job. If I need help on that ill ask. but when on full lock to the right i get a cracking or knocking from the front left wheel i believe it is. Ive found a few on ebay not sure which one i need 100% though so if somebody could point me in the right direction it would help. like i said its for an L reg 1.0 LX k11

thanks

hi
i used to get that noise also,it turned out to be the headlight bulb connector arc-ing
clean em up - close the connector gap that slides over the bulb connection,see if that helps

thanks funny thing is my dad said the noise stopped at 1st because when he picked the motor up the headlight had blown so he went to change it but couldnt as it was dark/cold and thought sod it ill do it when i get in, after fiddling with it the noise stopped but came back later on that evening.

we will see how it goes after a clean up etc.

any one know about the cv joint?

hmmm i see. would it be possible to change it over from the micra i am currently running its also k11 1996 vibe.

was just thinking if it goes wrong or breaks on the way off the car it would stuff me completely as id have no cars lol. Well i can drive the "new" one but obv need the problem sorted.

Back