PROBLEM!!

just had the chain replaced by my mechanic, we initially changed the sensor and the fault continued so we changed the chain, the car ran fine for about 6 weeks with the new chain and now its started to stall again and the eml has come on. plan is to try the sensor again.

yeah my mechanic sources parts from a reputable parts dealer online, as i'm not a mechanic myself i wouldn't be able to tell but i trust the mechanic. seems to only happen when i've been giving the car a bit of poke and there is a lot of heat coming off the engine after it stalls/judders

so have you really got nothing more helpful to say than sarcastic comments?
twas a simple question, ie was the chain bought from a main dealer/genuine.
if not then i would check the tensioner extension again (as its apparently showing the same symptoms as before the chain was replaced)
i,m probably the biggest "corner cutter" on here, but even i would,nt fit a copy chain to a CR engine, with their notorious hyvo chain issues

Frank has a point, for most things a "reputable dealer's" parts are fine, but on some parts the car just isn't happy if it isn't from Nissan themselves. It's expensive but what can you do eh?

well obviosly if it is the chain again then i will not be prepared to pay anymore and will expect the faulty item to be replaced by my mechanic. i've decided to run with the sensor and if the fault reapears i'll begin to consider a replacement car (not another micra). sorry for the harsh response frank, all these problems have popped up just as i'm finishing my uni degree, its left me feeling pretty exasperated and stressed with my car and nissan, a car munfacturer i have loved for years.

Get a k11 if you sell up, 100% nissan unlike the k12

i have really been considering one to be honest. i can imagine picking up a k11 and running it so low it scrapes. being my first car i wanted this k12 to be my first project, all cars have teething problems and all cars break down eventually

Ive had 9 and loved every minute. And ive very rarely found my k11's breaking down on me and costing much. Last time it died on me 50 miles from home. Took me days to find the fault which was a hairline crack in a fuse! Anyway hope your k12 gets better soon and if your hanging around youll realise franks the man! :)

Ive had 9 and loved every minute. And ive very rarely found my k11's breaking down on me and costing much. Last time it died on me 50 miles from home. Took me days to find the fault which was a hairline crack in a fuse! Anyway hope your k12 gets better soon and if your hanging around youll realise franks the man! :)

changed the sensor, still having problems. changed the radiator cap as there was no pressure building up in the coolant pipes, the new cap appears to be doing a better job of creating some pressure. the reason we replaced this part was because the engine was overheating and could have been cutting out because of that. also replacing the thermostat. so many things on this engine can go wrong so its just a case of trial and error until its fixed

general diagnosing, (not just faultcodes) rather than buying un-needed parts eh

as much as i'd like to find the faut myself i'm going to take it to nissan for a diagnosis (i know the reputation of nissan customer service ha) in the hope that they'll be able to just tell me what needs replacing

Back