Acceleration Problem After Long Journey

Hi there
I'm pretty sure I know what the fault is but thought I'd post this here as to my general problem just to see if there is any agreement, or might help someone who might be having the same problem.
So the car runs absolutely perfect no probs what so ever, I can drive local journeys without ever this problem showing up.
Going back about 6 months ago I had to make an approx 47mile journey and when nearly at the location the car really started to mess about.
The car seemed as though it was being starved of fuel and really started to hold back and if you did attempt to keep going the car would start kangarooing.
Stop the car the engine ticks over without stalling runs perfectly, but any attempt to drive the car the problem would soon return.
Switch off engine allow the car to cool down say for a couple of hours, drive the car it would be perfect no problems what so ever.
So I guessed It was a Lambda sensor of which there are two so I ordered both of them and decided to change one and make the same 47 mile journey again to see if the problem had been rectified.. However because the car had been running so well since, I never replaced them just kept them to one side In case the problem ever returned and really I never made the same journey again.
So ever since I have had no issues with the car, So the other day I had to make that 47 mile journey again and guess what I got to almost the same place I had the problem with six months earlier and it starts acting up again.. Same problem almost like holding back and any attempt to give it more gas it would start kangarooing almost like its going to stall but never does.
So i parked up left the car to stand came back to it 2hours later and the problem is gone.
I was the one mostly driving this car when its owned by a previous keeper, so i knew the history of the car and had never come across this ridiculous fault.
I am pretty sure it's a Lambda sensor fault causing this problem but before I change one of the sesnors I thought I'd post this up here to see if anyone had experienced a similar problem or what you did to fix it and was it a Lambda sensor..
At some stage the front engine side Lambda was replaced so I will go for the one back side of engine on exhaust.
Any thoughts many thanks in advance.

sounds like fuel supply, look for any fault codes and then check the fuel filter and fuel lines. engine appears to run fine until you require more fuel than is reaching the cylinders to burn. first rule is always check the simple things first before digging further.:unsure:

sounds like fuel supply, look for any fault codes and then check the fuel filter and fuel lines. engine appears to run fine until you require more fuel than is reaching the cylinders to burn. first rule is always check the simple things first before digging further.:unsure:
Yeah many thanks for the reply absolutely not the fuel filter or fuel lines.. once I get some spare time I'll test both sensors.
I have two new sensors if one or both are testing a fail.. Just a job I'll leave to the spring.
Many thanks anyway...

Back