problem

Glen

Club Member
ive just changed the clutch on my car and when i start the car there a really bad vibration but when you put the clutch down and put it into neutral gently it goes away. but if you ping it into neutral then the shaking comes back this happens in gear to.

any ideas.

it sounds like the friction plate is being closed together centrally if you lift the pedal slowly, but closing together out of true if you dump the clutch eh ? (you would need severe play in the input shaft to enable that tho :eek:)

so i reckon i need to take the gearbox back out and redo it with and aligment tool

that would make no difference glen, the tool just centralises the plate so that the g/box slides on easily, as soon as you push the pedal down, the plate is fully released anyway
there is no support bearing in the middle of the micra flywheels (for the input shaft) so my "guess" is that shaft is floating
see how you go with the oil level first eh :)

i dont have the haynes manual with me whats the acceptable level for the oil

if its a pre98 1.0, level with the plastic cog down the speedo drive
if its the other k11,s, there,s a level plug on the side (behind the rad iirc :))

the haynes gives a measurement to check against it says take the speado cable out and put a straight bit of metal down and measure the oil level but i cant remember the levels

Back