Stuttering Micra 2001 S 1.0 Problem

Right, bit of an on going issue.

I bought my Nissan Micra S 1.0 about 3 months ago. Has 80k on clock. This is a problem i've always had.

I took my car to maybe look at buying a new one to be horrified by the dealer offering me £450 for a car i paid £1400 for about 3 month ago.

The car turns over ok on a cold, and revs up fine. Althogh when warmed up or on a warm start, there is a delay on the power when you put the foot down. It means it doesnt deliver the power immediately and can mean i need to wait just half a second before lifting the clutch. the dealers will see this as a fault.

The car idles okay ish, some times dips a little and you can feel a bit of vibration, but sitll seems ok. Any ideas what's causing this lag in the throttle? i understand the k11 engines have a fault with the throttle body frequently going. You'll have to go easy on the terminology and explain things carefully for me too guys, i'm a little new to this scene.

Also, to note, when stood, if i turned the steering fast it can make the engine dip in revs and then it comes back. THis is very odd, and only happens when i turn the steering. not sure if at all relevant.

Hope you guys can help =)

the dip in the revs is just the engine "labouring" as the power steering pump kicks in, and your is the later bosch throttlebody (which does,nt need soldering)

Sounds like it could be ignition related. Has it had new spark plugs, HT leads, Rota Arm or Dizzy Cap recently?

the dip in the revs is just the engine "labouring" as the power steering pump kicks in

I-Agree.gif

Ok it's an idea to check all?

Does it cost much at garage to check/replace? Not a clue how to do it my self. If you have the patience to explain in very simple terms i'd have a go :)

I've had an electrician to look at the car today and was hooked up for full diagnostics. Issue has been linked to the mass air flow meter faulty, looks like a new one required! Any ideas on best place to purchase? Thanks!

Back