Common gear stick problem on late K11s

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
Anyone else experianced this and know how to fix it??

Basically every post-2000 micra i test drive the gear stick doesnt spring back into the center (when in neutral). ie. if u put it in neutral, and hold the stick left and let go, it shud go back to center, but it dont... (same for holding it to the right).

also when u shake the stick side to side in neutral u can hear a nasty clanging (sounds like something smacking metal/heatsheild under the car).

asides that, gear shifting is fine and all gears work.

happened on all post 2000 micras i test drove and even started doing it on my mums (my old purple one!)

anyone?

cheers!!

also i got myself a 1.4 K11 after some woman wrote my almera GTi off, will upload pics soon :wasntme:

OP
OP
R

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
had a go at it today, reconnected the spring no problems (its a fun job with no ramp! lol)

anyway it still sticks and doesnt center by itself but the nasty clanging (the main thing) has stopped :)

tried to wd-40 the area aswell to make it spring back but that seemed to make it worse lol

nevermind, its fine how it is!

Fordy

Ex. Club Member
its normally the linkage joint on the gearbox end that goes stiff due to lack of grease inside, take it off remove the bushes clean them all grease it all up and put it back to normal not over tightening the bolt threw the linkage or the lever will be stiff