problem with clock and cd

caphj7

Buy & Sell Member
hi, i have just put in my cd player, with the ignition and the cd player dash light to the brown cable that was on the original and the earth to the a black with yellow lines cable. i left the yellow 12v constant a bit cus i didnt have any wire to put it to the battery. anyway this worked fine apart from i had to set the bass/treble everytime i wanted to turn it on, it came on when i turned the ignition on along with the clock, then tonight i fed a cable into the +ve of the battery so it has a 12v supply. i noticed that the clock does not go off now and it stays on all the time, is this normal, should the clock stay on or go off? also my cd player can be now turned on without the key even being in the ignition? is this ok or will it drain lots of power leaving the clock on while im not in the car?

its been bugging me all night, im confused
thanks
adam

The CD player needs to be wired into the battery to prevent it losing its settings. If you use a ISO block, there should be the correct wiring in that to just change it all over quite simply.

The clock has several wires going into it. The constant is required to remember the time, however the display one should run off the accessories. These wires go under the seat, so im not quite sure how you've managed to intefered with these!

i did mean the main clock yeah not on the cd player. i did use an ISO adaptor that i brought for it, i used the bare side wire with orange (dash light) to the brown along with the red (ignition) and then the black (earth) to the a black and yellow wire, which was the ground in the haynes manual. i left both the 12v constant hanging and it worked only when the ignition was on accesory which was correct. i thought just by putting a straight wire from the 12v constant wire to the battery i could have a memory but it would still only operate when the ignition was turned on. i have a problem as in i can use it when there is no key in the ignition and it remembers the memory.
thanks

Back