where is 12v constant

caphj7

Buy & Sell Member
hi, just a quick question, i currently have cd player with 12v constant goin straight 2 +ve on the battery. im goin to put an alarm in this week and i need to know where the 12v constant is on the fuse box. could i just put the cd player and the alarm 12v constants onto this or not? thanks adam

The hazards have a 12V live, so does the analogue and digital clocks. Full beam, Side lights & Horn also have a constant. Being an alarm, i'd personally run a new fused wire from the battery so it's not tied in with anything else :)

If it's not tied in with anything else it's easy to remove when you steal the car, hide it in with something like the headlights as they won't both be on together so no chance of blowing fuse, also try and tuck it in to the original loom so you can't see a nice big wire to cut.

Your hardly going to spot a wire related to the alarm straight away. You can easily tuck it in with the headlight wiring that crosses from one side to the other. If someone breaks into your car and the alarm's going off, they're not going to look for fuses if they're planning on nicking it - they're going to rip the siren out to avoid attention.

It would probably take the thief a few minutes to realise the bonnet opens the wrong way round aswell lol

o ok thanks for the reply. should i just buy an inline fuser holder then and just run a wire straight from the battery for the 12v constant? also do many people have lots of wires off the battery because if i do this i will have my cd player 12v constant and my alarm constant coming straight off the +ve terminal? thanks adam

I've got loads running off my battery :) Air horns, driving lamps, carputer! An inline fuse would be the perfect thing to get

Back