cd player problem

hi there,

i've got a cd stuck in the cd player in my car. does anyone know what i need to do to take the cd out or repair it. since the cd player is the original nissan cd player, i couldn't see any joint or gap to take the cd player out.
thanks for looking!

First off, Welcome! Secondly try searching the problem in the search field, and see if theres anything.

I dont think there'l be a topic on that.

I i've had CD's stuck in my aftermarket HU and have had to use long nose plyers to pull them out. Don't know if that's possible for your stereo though! Put something soft over the end too (disposable glove) to prevent damage to the CD

I dont know whats broken but if its the open button for example I know on my sony when I pressed the reset button the back it ejected anything in it. No idea if the original nissan ones have a reset button on them as mine didnt come with the original stereo.

my standard CD player gave up the ghost after 2 years.

it's always thrown little fits, seemed to have a mind of its own, especially when travelling through hotter climes..

anyway, it got to the point where it could neither read, load, eject.. anything.. so my advice is to get it replaced (hopefully you're still under warranty)

My sentiments exactly Kirton, I've had four in my K12 but all were replaced under warranty. Including when I got a CD stuck in it, they were unable to get it out so just replaced the unit.

same issue myself, try'd hitting edject lots of times and did release ( to slow to catch disc ), used flat nose plyers and scizzors, like above it seems to play and do what it wants when it wants.... replace if and as soon as you can.... the cd not the car... well the issue list with my growing as it is i may revise that comment !!

My unit eat 4 of mine, had to take it apart, wasnt to hard. Just prise the top off the unit, u then unscrew the cd deck and pull the cds out. Its a bit fiddly but can be done, lots of hard to see screws

Back