Probably a stupid question but...

meji

Club Member (Trial)
Is my 1995 K11 Micra 1.0 fuel injected? :S

Basically my Micra kept cutting out when I came to a stop, everywhere, round a bouts, junctions, etc. Was getting a bit annoying and ofcourse scary when your engine cuts out on a round about and 2 cars are coming towards your doors :/

Anyway the guy at my Dads work place is a fitter he fixes wagons and does cars etc up.

He seems to think the reason for my car cutting out is because it was getting too much air from the airbox because the car is Fuel Injected.

But correct me if I'm wrong a lot of you guys have used Primera air boxes and nothings gone wrong like this?

I'm kinda confused.

according to wikipedia 1995 k11 is multi point injection so yes it is :p

hope you get everything sorted out,
good luck (Y)

they are multi-point injected but not 100 percent fuel injected because ive got a 95 k11 1.0l and mine dont cut out atall

########, we just put the standard Micra air box back on, works perfectly again but it just doesn't sound the same :( haha.

well im sure there is a solution and if i wasnt so drunkn right now i would probably search for you (Y) best left till moday!

you think you would have to upgrade your injectors to match the airbox?

There is no other place on the planet that will know more about the K11 than here!!!

Anyway, it wont be too much airflow, and secondly it could be your MAF (airflow sensor) is playing up. Almost all running issues are relates to those.

Got two questions;
does the car have a dodgy idle, especially when its cold?
When revving the engine, do the rev's drop before rising?

If you answer yes to either it is most likely you have dry solder on the MAF, you can either buy a replacement (refurb) or fix it yourself if your handy with a soldering iron. After this it is only temp sensors that will be playing up but this would only give you grief when the car is cold.

Mike

There is no other place on the planet that will know more about the K11 than here!!!

Anyway, it wont be too much airflow, and secondly it could be your MAF (airflow sensor) is playing up. Almost all running issues are relates to those.

ed do you think that a better airflow sensor would solve the problem? fwn

Possibly, the K11 should run fine without the air box on. People do it all the time.

If you remove it entirely it will still run fine. I know that as I do that for diagnostics etc.

If you remove it entirely it will still run fine. I know that as I do that for diagnostics etc.

Ah cool you hear that meji remove the thing and youll be good!(Y)
what about getting dirt and stuff into the engine ed no problems?

No sed he means it should be fine to run the Micra with no air box etc.

Mines cutting out when I get too much air into the car. Which I found strange as a lot of you guys have like cold air feeds etc etc etc.

Anyway I'll just keep the standard air box on it's sorted and fine like that anyway.

Thanks for the replies these were very helpful, shame my father doesn't agree and still thinks he's right.

No sed he means it should be fine to run the Micra with no air box etc.

Mines cutting out when I get too much air into the car. Which I found strange as a lot of you guys have like cold air feeds etc etc etc.

Anyway I'll just keep the standard air box on it's sorted and fine like that anyway.

Thanks for the replies these were very helpful, shame my father doesn't agree and still thinks he's right.

ah ok meji sorry must be the alcohol thinking so if your gonna stick to the regular airbox what about future mods surely youll run into this problem again?

I think ill keep this micra standard as my first car for a year. THen ill defo buy a newer micra to mod before next summer :p

Car was fine.
Put Primera airbox on. Car cuts out.
Put standard airbox back on. Cars fine.

My Micra isn't one that's good for modding the engine anyway tbh if you guys had a drive of it you'd probably cry. It hates going slow it shudders back and forth in first rolling along from like 1- 20mph it hates first gear. Hates changing down gears too. Lmao makes a horrible scraping sound.
:D

I agree, and no reason to change injectors for larger ones either, sounds like overkill

Car was fine.
Put Primera airbox on. Car cuts out.
Put standard airbox back on. Cars fine.

My Micra isn't one that's good for modding the engine anyway tbh if you guys had a drive of it you'd probably cry. It hates going slow it shudders back and forth in first rolling along from like 1- 20mph it hates first gear. Hates changing down gears too. Lmao makes a horrible scraping sound.
:D

It hates going slow it shudders back and forth in first rolling along from like 1- 20mph it hates first gear. Hates changing down gears too. Lmao makes a horrible scraping sound.
look underneath see if ya exhaust is hanging off
sounds like it needs a good service or you need to learn to drive properly lol ..... give it a full service, slap a k&n panel filter in it and give ya second cat a very good clean out, should be ok then

It hates going slow it shudders back and forth in first rolling along from like 1- 20mph it hates first gear. Hates changing down gears too. Lmao makes a horrible scraping sound.
look underneath see if ya exhaust is hanging off
sounds like it needs a good service or you need to learn to drive properly lol ..... give it a full service, slap a k&n panel filter in it and give ya second cat a very good clean out, should be ok then

Very helpful post here andy, I see you seem to know exactly what you're talking about.

Mate it's been fully serviced, MOT'd a couple weeks ago, Exhaust is fine mate, everythings perfect.

It's just an old ####ing car that's been to the moon and back.

And mate I can ####ing drive yeah.

Back