Power Inverter Installation.

I am wanting to install a power inverter in the K11 direct form the car battery, has anyone here done this, and could you offer any advice or instruction on how to go about it and what a good inverter to purchase would be?

We are driving to China from London and need a power source to charge phones laptop and camera batteries..

Cheers

If you connect it directly to the battery you'll need an inline fuse. A 1000watt invertor should suffice. I suggest a pure sine wave one rather than the cheap square wave ones that cause interference.

Not sure about the camera batteries but phones and laptops you can get 12v chargers for which will be more efficient as you aren't going from DC to AC then back to DC. Agreed cameras you are stuck with the supplied charger unless they sell something else....

I'd get everything you can from 12v then even if you do need an inverter for what's left it can potentially be smaller and you could have more things charging at once.

If you connect it directly to the battery you'll need an inline fuse. A 1000watt invertor should suffice. I suggest a pure sine wave one rather than the cheap square wave ones that cause interference.

Thanks fro your input.

Do you know which if the gaskets would be best to poke though to run a cable from the engine bay into the passenger compartment? I have had a poke around yet can not find an appropriate opening. Im trying to avoid pulling the carpet and insulation up if I dont have to

Not sure about the camera batteries but phones and laptops you can get 12v chargers for which will be more efficient as you aren't going from DC to AC then back to DC. Agreed cameras you are stuck with the supplied charger unless they sell something else....

I'd get everything you can from 12v then even if you do need an inverter for what's left it can potentially be smaller and you could have more things charging at once.
Cheers Fuzzy,
i think i would end up maxing out the 200w available on the 12v plug and need to hard wire to the car battery.
its the installation as such which i am having an issue with. Finding teh right entry point into the car. The obvious gasket covers are blocked inetrnally by the air con unit it seams.
Trying to find a plug an play option for the installation process. ha.

Back