Power steering installation number 2

cisco

» CMF Member
Going to install the power steering gear onto the white car this weekend. Took a while the first time, but I was learning and fiddling around doing things the stupid way a lot haha. Am aiming to have the lot installed within 3 hrs this time.

cisco

» CMF Member
You have a unique power steering on that car too David.

Jap Import power steering, the cool black metal resoivor.

The one I have this time is the aussie one which just looks a bit different.

The white car should be pretty fun to drive with this installed. It has a better weight balance than the blue monster at present.

cisco

» CMF Member
I gave up today.

Put the car up and starting cleaning up the parts ready for install.

Then realised it would be a good idea to replace the steering rack boots, they are a bit brittle, but still not broken or anything.

Then there's also the fact that the white car has its air conditioning sitting in a box needing to be re-installed.

Then I thought, gee I bet the belt might be the wrong size because the car also has air con, and I'm not sure, who knows, so I'll probably get it all close to completion, *but not quite* and I will need some other part.

Then I got a bit sick of spending every weekend greasy and underneath cars.

So I've made the decision to book it in at two different places and have the steering installed and the air con installed. bahah. Just pick it up when the entire job is done and drive away. Bah!

CMF_hi3cmz

» CMF Member
Ha, cisco, I am on the same way you are, I can buy used Power Steering sets for around NTD 5K, but I don't know what parts that I really need to take away from old one, so..

Back