power boost vale

A

Alex24

just had the power boost valve fitted this morning. i've noticed a difference but does anyone know how high a pressure it can be run at? is running at bout 2.5 bar, thats not at idle.

i just took mine off this morning! and i noticed the difference - much better with it fitted.

dunno about the pressure mate, i just left it open so u can here the wailing noise, twisted it until the noise just goes, then youre supposed to twist it another quater turn and should be ok.

Your talking about those Ecotec things? - they are not power boost valves ?! :)

Simply they are utter rubbish. Its a con that claims to improve atomisation of the fuel mixture into your engine. In reality they dont do a thing, other than make a nice noise. You should read the pattent on them. I dont have it any more but it was so funny (translate a joke) the whole thing they are advertised for takes up one paragraph in the pattent.

Ed

is there any point to them?

if you were to de-cat your car then don't they help to reduce your emmitions so that you can still get through the MOT?

hmmm after putting an ecotek on my bro's s2000 it did actually help the fuel consumption so it might not all b just crap...im thinking about getting 1 but 50 quid is abit pricy for a tiny little T shaped plastic thing

edit:the ecotek thing/also thinking about a power boost valve but not sure where to get 1 for the micra...got told they aint universal n go on specific cars so u have 2 get the right 1 for ur car

I recommend you DO NOT TOUCH THEM. They are the biggest con going for £50. Buy an airfilter instead at least that might make a difference.

Ed

Back