power boost valve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manny

Ex. Club Member
had a power boost valve on my micra it didnt do much difference on pick up but dranked a lot of juice on motorways.

not always.

more air in (induction + throttle body)
more petrol (injectors and fuel pressure regualtor)
free flowing exhaust (not cat, reasonable bore of pipe)

will see increase

more air + in quicker, more petrol + burnt efficently (super unleaded, good plugs, leads + timing), and out quicker - free flowing exhaust should see performance increases !

you dont just whack one on and it turns into a rocket !

throttle body is good for around 150bhp

need more fuel in quicker? Get a new ecu and have it mapped.
The major CG restrictions, is the exhaust manifold, inlet manifold and head design.

buying a remappable ECU and having it remapped is a bit of a differnece from bigger injectors + a FPR.

you dont want the injectors to be running anywere near full duty hence why upgrading them.

its a cheaper alternitive. i seen gains on an NA using similar methods ! and so did stan etc iirc

It's not the proper way to do things.

Bodge jobs, although cheaper at the time, will cost more in the long run, and will also develop more problems.

buying a remappable ECU and having it remapped is a bit of a differnece from bigger injectors + a FPR.

you dont want the injectors to be running anywere near full duty hence why upgrading them.

its a cheaper alternitive. i seen gains on an NA using similar methods ! and so did stan etc iirc

Indeed Pete ;)

Bigger injectors and an FPR are not much point on a 1.0. There's plenty of fuel left for NA tuning, maximum duty rarely peaks above 50% duty at any rate and with the standard ecu spending the entire time in closed-loop the lambda feedback will more than likely do it's best to cut the fuelling back.

Ed and Pete know far more about the ecu's than I do though.......

Yes except the FSE valves compleatly screw up the closed loop feedback making the whole car run like a mess and drink fuel, with likely hesitation too.

I cringe at the people who bolt on stuff and are convinced that it will be all ok. Usually they are not willing to listen so I just keep my mouth shut and smile.

it says on the write up they perform bst in engine ranges from 2.0 litres! goes without saying, why would you put one on anything lower!!!

They are usless on any 2.0 cars I have tried to map.

i can understand why they are useless on their own, but are they still useless when everything else has been changed? eg injectors,cam,zorst remap etc..?

IMO, Yes. They are rising rate. ECUs are generally not designed for this so youll never get a nice map. + they are not stable imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back