Power Boost Valve

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
Hello,
im just enquiring, too know if anybody knows if a "Power Boost Valve" would actualy work? ive heard from some people that it might, and others say that it will not.
could anyone please tell me the truth?
thanks
napster

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
Thankyou for your input, but im more confused than before lol

sorry to be a pain

if you wouldnt mind explaining the "closed loop" or the actual "boost" (substance) i need.

thankyou

Naspter

CMF_kneival

» CMF Member
I think when the ECU is in closed loop it uses the lambda and air mass meter to work out how much fuel to pump in, if there is too much fuel (if perhaps you have increased fuel pressure) then it backs off the injectors and makes the boost valve useless.

After about 4k it runs off a map so the boost valve may work.

Anyways this is my understanding of it and its probably incorrect :-]

PBV should improve throttle response anyways, if you dont have the basics like manifold and exhaust then dont waste your money on one yet.

cisco

» CMF Member
I thought those power boost valves were just a fancy name for an adjustable fuel regulator?

cisco

» CMF Member
Its not even complicated. Its just an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. Nothing at all to do with boost as in the same type of boost a forced induction car has.

You just install a couple of pipes and this thing adjusts your fuel pressure to what you want. (If its the same as every other adjustable fuel pressure regulator).

Need to check your mixtures (preferably on a dyno) and see what your car needs, if it needs kind of like a constant fuel pressure increase across the entire range, then this is the kind of thing that you should get. It still doesn't allow you to tune individual points within the entire map though of course.. You could also go the other way and spend more money on programmable engine management and maybe not even need an adjustable regulator because the tuning could be changed to open your injectors for longer while running at their same existing pressure.

All depends on what your needs and budget are.

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
i would like a fast accelarating k11 lol

websites say its not hard!!

i hate to say this, but im not sure wot the engine mangament is???? (sorry).

for some reason i believed it couldnt be fitted on my car lol

shows how much i know!!

Thanks
Napster

cisco

» CMF Member
And just checking that web site, their crazy statement of "enriches the mixture under acceleration which will improve the driveability of your vehicle." is just complete crap.

Yeah sure its true if the car is not tuned correctly and the increase in fuel pressure will correct the mixtures to a satisfactory level. But what if your car is already running rich etc? Then its going to waste more fuel and do nothing. What if its running lean but making good power and safe enough to leave it slightly lean, well then it will burn more fuel and you won't neccessarily notice any difference in drivability. Blah!

I just don't like the approach and crap that this company are going on with. And why not just call it an adjustable fuel regulator like everyone else does. I think they are trying to make a few easier sales for people after a magical "power booster machine". haha.

CMF_kneival

» CMF Member
Its probably the same thing you lot use anyways, its an FSE PBV.

Thing is that statement holds true because it doesnt specify what car its used on, not all cars use electronic igntion etc...

Deffo get the other stuff before you buy one of these, and yes have it RR tuned. They do come factory set and they do improve the speed between low pressure and high pressure in the fuel rail. When I fitter mine it made the throttle a little more responsive but not £100 more responsive.

The only reason I have one is because it was cheap and second hand ;-)

Back