possible fuel problem

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to nissan micra's, having just purchased one, i was really chuffed how good it is, but sadly it's a old car and has a problem, which i was wondering if it was commom.

I drove about 3 miles and then went on the motorway and got it up to about 65mph and then the car started to kangaroo and loose speed and it didn't matter how much pressure i put on the accelerator it did nothing, then once the car went down to 55mph and it was ok but sadly this continued for the whole journey home as i tried to gain speed the car kangaroo'd, the car is a 1.3 on a K plate and has only done 63k, i was thinking maybe the carb is coked up but i'm not sure

any idea's?

many thanks

Jason

carb? on a k11. i dont think k11's ever had carbs hopefully someone will have a suggestion for you to try.
good luck!

would the thing i'm calling a carb be the airflow housing and could that be the problem, also is there anyway of test this as it's rather expensive

Its called the throttle body jason :) it could be the air flow sensor (which is located in the TB as the solder conections tend to go on these).
have you tried easy things like new spark plugs? is it just at high speed or does it do it if you are say going up a hill in third with the trottle open wide?

Well it kept happening whilst i was on the motorway but when i'm running around locally it seem's better and only happens from time to time.

Back