Fuel gauge problem

yamaimo

Ex. Club Member
Hi guys. I am having some problem with fuel gauge. When I put full tank, it stuck to full till 70 to 80 miles done. Then it gradually moves down but quicker in the half full then slow again. Right now I cannot trust this reading because refuelling clearly shows different amount. K11 supposes to have 40 litter tank but once I can only put 35 litter when the gauge is dead line. :suspect: I used to drive a 95 l.3 lx and the reading was always accurate. I wonder what I can check out for the gauge. Is it something mechanically repairable? Thanks.

if you fill the tank up to the filler cap then the gauge wont move for 70-80 miles until the fuel level drops to the level of the float on the sender

What reg is it? The earlier ones had a prolbem with the breather to the tank meaning that it couldn't be villed fully.

Thanks guys.

Yes, Sonic,I put petrol only amount I can put as normal, therefore, my refuel never goes more than 38 or 39 litter. once I put 40, that time I drove my car till emptyed my tank completely because I believed the gauged:doh:
Oh, do you mean the sender has mechanical float? Then I can try to fix it!:grinning:
Anyway, Craig, now I am driving 98 facelift model. If it is my case, what can I do for sorting out my car?
That`t right, Corbs, I am hoping to find out.

Back