possesed boot lock.

My dad bought me a k12 as my first car a few months ago.for some reason the boot sometimes decides it will open itself,does it several times one day,then the next it wont open at all.Great when all my college stuff is in there.Any ideas?
Also the car is difficult to start from cold and the engine light is on.
Thanks.

i believe there was a recall on the boot lock best bet is to check with your local dealer weather your`s has been done the other could be anything i`d try a cheap code reader first to see whats up with it otherwise dealers will charge you for testing it

Thanks for that. Will ring my local dealer.
As for the engine light,have been reading and it sounds like the cam chain!!!!!

the engine will the chain has all the faults and the boot fault is down to the switch u press the stick on sometines u can free it with wd40 but it is best to get a new one

Thanks for the replies.Stripped the boot lock, cleaned it and put it back together with a load of silicon.Been fine ever since.
Still an absolute pig to start from cold.
K12 fixer, if your interested, drop me an email([email protected]) with a contact number.
Cheers

i believe there was a recall on the boot lock best bet is to check with your local dealer weather your`s has been done the other could be anything i`d try a cheap code reader first to see whats up with it otherwise dealers will charge you for testing it
Where can I get a code reader and where does it plug in? Thanks.

We had the same problem, the micro switch that you press to open the boot gets moisture in it and basically causes it to do as you said.
nissan wanted like 80 quid to fix it but i just went to maplin and bought a micro switch for 89 pence, what you need to do is take the boot handle off, first you have to remove the back panel inside your boot and it should expose the bolts for holding it on, first thing to do is make sure its the switch thats damaged, pull out the electrical connector from the component and just cross the connection on the wire with a screwdriver or something and you should hear the boot locking mechanism activate.
next you have to remove the microswitch, take the microswitch to maplin and find something close to its size and then you just have to mount the new switch inside the box, i had a little trouble here but managed to secure it quite nicely after a bit of tweaking, next thing you wan tto do is water proof the area and then reinstall and you should be done

Back