Boot lock

Hi all, my Mum's K12 has a boot lock problem. All locks open on the key fob and you can hear them working but boot still won't open. When the boot release button is depressed you can also hear the lock/catch release but tail gate won't lift?? Advice please, cheers Ross.

Mine was doing same, worked fine for long times, then didn't. When you get it open, remove boot lid liner and lubricate mechanism ;)
Many thanks Mika The Finn, after getting boot open did just that, lubricated entire mechanism with some '3 in one oil' and now works a treat. I managed to open boot from inside of car, luckily the parcel shelf was out and just reached over to the release tabs to fold the seats down. Locate the boot catch and there is a plastic cover tab that just pops off to reveal a white plastic clip/release tab. I used a small flat head screwdriver in the slot and twisted to open boot, boot popped straight away!! Removed boot lid liner ( just pops off with those mushroom type fixings ) The lock mechanism itself is held in place with 2 bolts ( 10mm socket size) and ezi release electrical plug. Oiled it up as I locked and released catch many times to get oil in all parts. re fitted and all is good and Mum is off my back and she can now take rubbish to the tip!

Back