Polo coilovers

I must say, I've seen the results from a spring being launched from a strut that was taken off a 2.5 tonne car. It had enough power in it to make a dent in the driver-side door of the car next to it that it looked like it had been driven into by another car, and even punctured the metal slightly. So I daresay it would have done some serious damage if it had actually hit someone

yeah been in the nasty situation once or twice just be careful with spring compressors as the can be dangerous if they slip.

This has happened to me, I jumped when it slipped and my very "concerned" brother laughed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*Insert rude acknowledgement of intense pain here* :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Don't want to run the risk of a spring to the face/chest/genital area though :wasntme:

Indeed
It was the weirdest feeling ever as I was holding the spring one minute it slipped then as it hadn't real sunk in that I'd shattered my fingers I just kept trying to pick it back up but my fingers wouldn't close on it just all floppy!
It was on a old shape 1.4rt Clio so less than a tonne car and on clamp still remained on the other side! I promptly bought a floor mounted air operated compressor after that so I can fit it on the spring compressor wrap a big ass chain round it and press a button and run away while it compresses!

Indeed
It was the weirdest feeling ever as I was holding the spring one minute it slipped then as it hadn't real sunk in that I'd shattered my fingers I just kept trying to pick it back up but my fingers wouldn't close on it just all floppy!
It was on a old shape 1.4rt Clio so less than a tonne car and on clamp still remained on the other side! I promptly bought a floor mounted air operated compressor after that so I can fit it on the spring compressor wrap a big ass chain round it and press a button and run away while it compresses!

This story is so horrific that I'm actually a little worried about ever trying to remove mine myself now...

Well I managed take mine off without spring compressors. Jus undo the nut and slowly jacked the car up. No impaling myself with flying objects :)

Well I managed take mine off without spring compressors. Jus undo the nut and slowly jacked the car up. No impaling myself with flying objects :)

That might work the one time or it may work 100 times but it only has to go wrong once and you may not get another chance

this thread makes me LOL!!! Christ soo much scaremongering. Ive given my micra rage around a track with the top bolt hole slotted like that. And im on my 5th car (4th with coilsprings) and ive never needed to use spring compressors! micra's are a piece of #### to remove the spring. undo top nut, jack car up, spring falls out! :suspect:

Back