Coilovers or just springs?

hi evryone, jus bought a 93 k11 and want to drop it euro style. its currently on it stock springs n 155 13's.

i know its obvious that coilover would be the better option but money wise doesn't look good unless i find something cheap.

also is it possible to drop the car 60mm on stock dampers?

if anyone could point me in the right direction as to cheap coilies or a set or sports springs n dampers will be much appreciated.

also i seen some wheels but they are 101 8 configuration? n also need to know how i can fit these to k11

thanks(Y)

A set of ready to fit coilovers will set you back a serious amount of money - you'll be lucky to find a direct fit set for less than £600. Most other cheap sets from other cars (Polos, Corsas, etc) require a bit of work to make them fit, or consist of coilovers for the front and springs with uprated dampers for the back. The cheapest option is certainly lowering springs and uprated dampers - especially if you buy second hand. A full set of springs and dampers shouldn't set you back any more than £400. I highly recommend Apex springs and KYB dampers, as this is what I had on my K11 - they were brilliant, providing me with a decent amount of drop (until I cut more coils off :wasntme:) and a decent ride that wasn't too bumpy :grinning:.

I also strongly recommend that you do not drop the car on 60mm springs with stock dampers - not only will the ride be pants (ridiculously bumpy over any speedhump or pothole), but you will also be in danger of the rear springs popping out of the cups, which could cause a serious accident :eek:.

It just depends on how low you want to go, really. You can only go so low on lowering springs. I'm assuming that, because you want to go for the Euro look, you want to go as low as possible - in which case coilovers will give you the drop you're looking for. There have been quite a few people on here who have fitted coilovers to K11s, using kits that weren't made for Micras - euro_micra is one member who springs to mind. Also, there have been a few threads on here about fitting them - just search around (Y)

Also, what do you mean by 101 8 configuration? I'm assuming you mean a PCD of 4x101, and a width of 8J? Because the width isn't an issue, but the PCD and centre bore is - Micras have a PCD of 4x100, stud diameter of 12mm, and a centre bore of 59.1mm. Any other sizes (whether they are slightly smaller or larger) will require machining and spigot rings (in the case of the centre bore on the alloys being bigger than on the Micra hub) to make them fit fwn

Back