please help

hi i am new to this please help me i have got a 1998 k11 it starts up fine and will tick over all day but when i try and rev it the revs goe up and down i have fitted a new throttle body from breakers it woked ine on the other car i tried it but still no joy.

hi i am new to this please help me i have got a 1998 k11 it starts up fine and will tick over all day but when i try and rev it the revs goe up and down i have fitted a new throttle body from breakers it woked ine on the other car i tried it but still no joy.

do you mean there,s a bad missfire when you open the throttle steven ?

i dont think its a misfire it just revs up a little bit then dies down it doesnt cut out just revs go up and down when you press throttle.

i dont think its a misfire it just revs up a little bit then dies down it doesnt cut out just revs go up and down when you press throttle.

mine had a similar fit when i had a dodgy connection on the maf plug/connector on the throttlebody, try wiggling the loom plugs while its revving :)

was the gasket ok betwwen the throttle body. where the surfaces clean,did ya put gasket sealer between them,and have ya tightened the throttle body right up and all pipes and plugs fitted

i now feel like a right idiot thanks very much frank give them a little wiggle and its working fine again now just engine managment light staying on any suggestions ow to get that off.
thanks aswell andy

my problem back it was working fine last night went out this morning it revved up then the problem started again how frustrateing please any help

Sounds like a bad connection either on the MAF or the MAF connector. You could cut a connector off of a scrap car.
The engine light will go off on it's own after a certain amount of starts/miles if there is no longer a fault.

if its the same with a new TB then i would guess that its the loom side of the connection, if you cant find one in the breakers (which you should be able to) then im sure i will have one knocking about somewhere if you pay p+p:)

tried putting a new loom on today and problem is still there i took the part of at the front of t/b were the orange colour plug goes and cleaned it car went fine again until the end of m street my head is done in i am trying everything people are saying thanks very much to you all.

Back