Piston Rings

What are people opinions on these? has anyone reused them successfully?
Ive a set of 1.0L pistons which still have the rings on. If i scuff up the bores with steel wool or something light to deglaze the bore will they be okay or should i just get some new ones?

:eek: didnt realise they'd be that much new! is that Nissan dealer parts or just in general how much you get them for around? Think ill be re-using mine so if thats the case! need to measure the ring gap in the bore first, might just have to go new! cheers for the tip with the 180 grit Frank :)

i asked for aftermarket rings at the headskim place and his were the same price as nissan eire, my spare top 2 rings are all within spec (about a half mm gap) but most of my oil rings were well worn fwn (about 2mm gap)

ive a haynes here so ill be checking the tolerances as i go along see where it leaves me. but still shocked at the price of the rings new! Ripoff!

they should be ok mate but for peace of mind £50 and ill send you my spare set of brand new ones (Y)

Cheers mate, appreciate the offer but i drive and modify a micra coz im a broke student working a part time job :p Ill make try with what ive got here because ive 2 sets of pistons with with all rings in tact.

Whats peoples opinions on reusing headbolts? i know they can be got cheap but every little helps :blush:

ah okay its just i heard somewhere that the stretch type headbolts are only good for one useage, must have been wrong, thanks again frank

I didn't think the headbolts were stretch bolts?
Reuse them!

I always replace piston rings though. I've never considered reusing the old ones because I'm a clumsy git and usually end up breaking them when taking them off. So I budget for them when I know I'm gonna be taking things apart.

I bought a honing tool ages ago off ebay. Works great. Whether you use sandpaper or a honing tool, don't be shy with the oil can.

Back