Pimp My Ride UK

CMF_MALLIE

» CMF Member
Anyone catch "Pimp My Ride UK" last night at 2030 on MTV?

As they were doing up this Renault and talking about bodykits they quickly looked at this car with a beefy bodykit in that wild chrome paint.

It was a K11 Micra, was very exciting! LOL

CMF_Freakdoom

» CMF Member
that would be Tim Westwood. The worlds #1 wigger. And a prick, can't stand the guy. He does DJing for radio one in the UK. Its not proper DJ'ing though, he just hits the Special FX button for explotions between songs.

CMF_carlos_fergando

» CMF Member
basically when hip-hop got big, it wasnt big in UK. Westwood went over and brought some back to the UK and when it kicked off here hi new american friends paid him millions!

i think his ****e as well though. As for pimp my ride!! more like chav my ride!

CMF_micra-man

» CMF Member
I think what they did to the Morris Minor in Episode 1 was a bit pointless.

Who pays the insurance for these cars that get done up? And they very rarely do/show any performance or saftey mods, as long as it looks flash at the end of the show, after all, saftey and environmental mods do not make good TV.

These people appear to not have been able to afford to maintain their cars before the show, now it has flash paint and big wheels does that magically transform their income and attitude about their cars???

Oh and what really happens to these cars get after the camera's are turned off? Do they get sold, stolen, stripped?

Having said all that, I do like seeing the results of stupid amounts of money and half an idea transform a car.

The last few minutes of the show where they show before and after is usually enough to get an idea of what was achieved.

Not always to my taste but who really cares as it's not my car.

CMF_MALLIE

» CMF Member
Never seen the host of the show before but I would agree that he is a right pratt. He towers over everyone else, looks like he's 7ft tall against most people.

Personally I would be crapping myself knowing that my car is sitting outside or even in my garage with $10,000-$20,000 worth of ice installed in it.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Like the American one, thousnads spent on making em look good and guess sound insane but nothing done to the mechanicals.I like watching American Chopper where they actually build a bike from scratch and are always argueing with each other ( but thats done for show). Man the workshop and the gear they have is insane.You could build a car in that workshop.
Should not say this but Cisco the radio/CD player you stuck in Whitey I have just found a button that says "loud"
and hey my CDs sound twice as good.

CMF_Snoopy

» CMF Member
On pimp my ride (the US one) they do stuff to the engine (usually a simple rebuild, you get a snippit of them working on the mirage engine on the dvd) they just don't show it. On the later series they start to show abit of what they do to the engines. There is a chevy chevelle that they bin the original engine & drop in a 350 tpi engine (retro-tech style)& new g/box.

if you are into this sort of stuff but hate pimp my ride you wanna watch a series called overhaulin'. its all about restoring and modernising american classics. chevy novas, dodge challengers,etc and they do engine conversions with big power outputs. i think the chevy nova ended up with bout 500bhp. very technical and minimal time spent filming the ice install, aesthetics etc. i highly recomend it but from what ive read minimal people on here are into american classics.

Back