picked up the micra :)

drove to dorset lastnight and picked up my little micra.

drive home was interesting to say the least first i was unsure where reverse was.... im not thick but the lack of interior light and lack of 5th gear threw me out abit.

didnt expect the clutch to be so light which makes a nice change from our deisel 306.

its j reg but is really tatty, the boot lock's really rusty theres rust on the inside of the doors, thderes no symbols on the indicator stalk where its all faded and worn and the previous owners staffies used the seats as chew toys.

oh and i cant hear anything over the whiney gearbox. does anyone have a good gearbox for sale its for a 1 litre k10?

and is it jus me bit does the lorry sized steering wheel make access to the indicator stalk alittle tricky?

perhaps im just used to smaller steering wheels.

Really like the car, its only a run around so will do me just fine.

will post pics tomorrow.

K10 steering wheels are a bit large & thin, but that's easily changable.

I've got a box for sale. Was reconditioned a couple of years ago - short ratio 5 speed. Would want £150 for it. The reconditioning and fitting cost me over £300

it is a dream machine if u ignore the niggley bits, shell be looking presentable soon enough may pinch the bfs bucket seats out the fez for now theyere more comfy than my rocking, tatty seat. rthyats if theyll fit and leave me room to change gear.

id rather change the gear box its really noisey.

plus i dont wana get caught out like i did in the cabby, gearbox decided to go while on motor way and was stuck in 2nd had to redlin eit til i could pull over grrrrrr

really stupid question but on the fuel gauge it has the half way marker then another marker just above the "E" marker the one just above the "E" is that quatre of a tank? or just poorly designed?

what would i need to change if i was to put a 5 speed box in?

lol that they are p-erhaps a LSD one will be abit moere robust i dunno.

ollie; stupid question but if i was to do a engine change in the micra what engines would bolt straight in? obviously the gearbox would need changeing etc etc.

To fit a 5 speed, all you need to do is take the old box off and put this one on. The linkages and mounts are the same

The fuel guage bottom line simply indicates you will need to fill up soon. There's no point having a 1/4 line as it would be so close!

the only other engine that will go straight in is the MA12.

Yes the MA12 is the only other engine that fits.

The LSD box is not much stronger. I've heard the best gearboxes are the diesel ones. Apparantly last longer and cope with torque better.

Yes the MA12 is the only other engine that fits.

The LSD box is not much stronger. I've heard the best gearboxes are the diesel ones. Apparantly last longer and cope with torque better.

whats a MA12 engine uve got to remember ive never owned a micra nor have i really taken much notice of modles etc etc

ask me about colt or ford i could tell ya. all part of a learning curve i spose

Well the MA10 is 50BHP
The MA12 is around the 65 mark, dont know exactly off the top of my head (due to my mate dropping a spanner on my head and giving me a nice cut and killing a few brain cells)

Would have done but was laying under the Orion, trying to sort out the oil leak, just laid there and threw a few coloutful words his way instead.

Back