Facelift, should fog light indicator light up on the dashboard?

Hey,

I have facelifted Micra.

Unfortunately it failed the NCT (a car test here in Ireland) because I was told the fog light indicator does not come on. As far as I recall it has always been like this and this car has passed the NCT for years with nobody ever mentioning anything about fog light indicators.

I wanted to check whether this was correct, so I disassembled the dashboard and looked behind.

This is what it looks like:

0TGFodB.png

As you can see, it's missing some of the plugs. Is that normal? This car has never been modified as far as I know and has been owned by older ladies. It's completely stock. All the screws, etc. looked like they've never been disassembled.

Circled in yellow is where I tried taking the indicator plug and tried in two places.

BlPViI8.png

I have the two stage stalk, where first the front fogs come on, and then with one more twist the rear fog comes on. When the rear fog comes on, the fog light does turn on (circled in green). But nothing turns on when only the front fogs are turned on, even when I tried the light in the two other locations.

Is this how it's supposed to be? Or are plugs missing and the fog light should come on the first twist of the stalk (front fogs only)?

Thank you!

Last edited: