****photographer****

callumf

Ex. Club Member
I have a friend who does photography as a living. and he's getting into the Car photography. He's very good, and extreemly proffesional about it.

here are just a couple of examples (MORE TO BE ADDED) to show off some of Max Keys work on cars.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2rzyt51.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/2a4qn48.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/nq1eet.jpg

So if your interested, please do email. he doesn't charge alot at all. and he's very flexable about the style and open to alot of ideas, and he's flexable about traveling. as i'll drive.

Also feel free to browse his Flikr web page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/maxkeys/

Just thought this could be useful for those who love thier micras as much as i do, to have some nice pictures of them to keep!

Callum

& he's a pro? Don't like the two pics of the R5 at all and the micra is framed oddly. Have a browse around flickr and there are thousands of amateurs producing top notch stuff.

But if his style is what you like... go for it. Arnold produces some nice shots too tho don't forget.

& he's a pro? Don't like the two pics of the R5 at all and the micra is framed oddly. Have a browse around flickr and there are thousands of amateurs producing top notch stuff.

But if his style is what you like... go for it. Arnold produces some nice shots too tho don't forget.

Well, it's better than boring standard photography. there's no need to be so touchy about it. he's done alot of work. and people pay good money

Lol I'm not touchy, it's just the standard required in photography is soo high these days because every man and his dog has a top notch DLSR and a half decent set up. It takes a good eye and a lot of constant improvement to get great in this field (trust me I'm not claiming to be good at all).

But take the first picture for example. An R5 in an industrial setting, spot on choice of location but its blown at the foglamp. It's a poor reflection on the rear window and the streetlamp in the back could really do with removing.

Lol I'm not touchy, it's just the standard required in photography is soo high these days because every man and his dog has a top notch DLSR and a half decent set up. It takes a good eye and a lot of constant improvement to get great in this field (trust me I'm not claiming to be good at all).

But take the first picture for example. An R5 in an industrial setting, spot on choice of location but its blown at the foglamp. It's a poor reflection on the rear window and the streetlamp in the back could really do with removing.

I'm sorry you feel like that.

Oh and that was the effect, was requested by the owner of the R5

Lol I'm not touchy, it's just the standard required in photography is soo high these days because every man and his dog has a top notch DLSR and a half decent set up.

Also as everyone has a top notch setup, everyone also thinks they are all top notch critics... lol.

Also as everyone has a top notch setup, everyone also thinks they are all top notch critics... lol.

Of course Ed, I'm a total barstool/backseat driver, but it astounds me that people make money doing this. I was at a citroen rally the other week and this guy was flogging pictures and they were awful.

Trouble is it's easy to improve with photography but only if you listen to different people and their opinions. If I'd taken that pic of the R5 and someone said "that'd probably look better if you photoshopped out the street lamp in the background as it detracts from the car" or "that reflection in the window of that... looks a bit odd" then you'd go away on build upon it. Edit the picture again or think about these things next time you set up a shot.

I suppose if people just want a picture of their car then fair enough.

Trouble is it's easy to improve with photography but only if you listen to different people and their opinions. If I'd taken that pic of the R5 and someone said "that'd probably look better if you photoshopped out the street lamp in the background as it detracts from the car" or "that reflection in the window of that... looks a bit odd" then you'd go away on build upon it. Edit the picture again or think about these things next time you set up a shot.

I suppose if people just want a picture of their car then fair enough.

I have to say I don't agree with that. Reason is this: Taking a photo (a good one) is an art, the people who take good photos are those in my mind that are creative (naturally) and discover for them what works in their own way often at the expense of what anyone else says.

Sure you can learn tips and tricks, but you cannot learn your own style from other peoples comments.

Obviously that is just my opinion only!

But for those of us who don't have an artistic eye (some people have said I do but I offer them my glasses) can take good photos by learning from what others have done. A few hours routing around flickr will turn up hundreds of really good shots (even more bad ones!) of cars and by looking at what is good or bad in the shot you can look to emulate that in your own experiences.

Personally I found by putting some pictures on forums like 'talk photography' and having them slated gave me a good idea of where I'd been going wrong.

Saying that I do have my own favourite styles that people don't like, but I know that if someone doesn't like tilt-shift (fake) or abandoned industry type of styles then they probably won't like the kind of things I like to take, but I still play by the rules (well try to) of things that make a good photograph.

I don't think this website was intended for argueing, (however constructive this is) ;)

He is a new guy on the block for cars, and is taking everything in his stride, because he wants to learn what people like about car photography, he is a quality photographer. just maybe to your high standards hasn't got his skills quite there yet.

Thanks for the feedback though! :)

I'm not a fan of the style of the car shots, however i'm liking some of the other stuff on Flickr!

Thanks for all your responses, and the badge in the grille :) well that was just some very carefull glueing with some good glue, nice and tidy, but now have meshed grills so need to re stick it to the mesh!!

Back