People with Micra spares

Just refilled my gearbox with oil and noticed a big puddle of oil forming! It turns out im missing the small retaining clip on the inner cv that holds the joint inside the gearbox (the bit of spring steel). I dont suppose anyone has a spare one if these clips knocking around have they? Can send a couple if quid for it and will cover postage. Cheers all.

How do i know which box it is? I couldnt find a number on it before it went inthe car.

Its this box here
DSCF3951.jpg

filler plug on the front, so its the bigger RS5F30 eh, i,ll have a look tomorrow mate, but most of my running gear spares are the smaller pre-face 1.0 :)

I did consider making one but i think it needs to be proper spring steel which i dont have, i dont think my wire coat hangers will quite cut it. would hate for it to disintegrate inside the gearbox. I looked at my mini ones and they are quite a bit smaller in diameter. Motor factors could be an option but it means having to drop the other driveshaft out and losing even more oil. Some things never go smoothly do they! The question is where did the old one go?

Ah thats good. On a different note that pic just confused me, i was wondering how you managed to get a picture of my floor til i realised it was your wooden flooring exactly the same as mine. lol

Oops just realised i forgot to update this. Gearbox now holding oil thanks to Frank and tiny piece of spring steel :D

She now starts and runs as well. Need to check ignition timing and a few other things then I can tidy up the wiring and refit the dash and steering column.

Back