A Few Issues With My Micra K11 1.3L 16v (1998)

Hello,
I'm hoping for some advise on my Micra K11. Owned it from new (Dec '98).

It has a full service history but missed the last one, last service was in Dec '09 (full service excl. fluids)

Looking to sell the car now, had a guy come round to look at it today. He mentioned i) the passenger side CV joint was clicking and there was a noise from the timing belt.

Mileage is: 55,000. Only done 500 miles in the last two years.

Also i've noticed a grinding noise coming from the bonnet when in gear at high revs.

Also last MOT advisedthe front brakes were pitted.

The micra has served me well, and I want 'potentially' get it all fixed up before I sell it, but dont want to go spending a fortune!

I think I need

- New Front Discs / Pads
- N/S CV Boot Joint replaced
- A service (or at the very least engine oil & gearbox oil changed)
- A proper diagnosis on timing chain (heard the engine should be warm to test but the guy checked it cold, and the car hasn't been driven for a few weeks)

Not sure if its worth doing a full service, given the car has done 500 miles in the last two years since the last service?

What sort of costs am I looking at for the above works, and are any of you micra enthusiasts local to London, willing to do the work for a cost?

Thanks in advance!

cv joint may need doing. the timing chains are bullet proof on these and usually rattle a little bit when cold anyway. just change the oil and filter to see if that quietens it down a bit. although if its only done 500miles just try starting it and leave it running for a bit to see if that works before changing the oil. if you pop the bonnet while its ticking over. rev it with your hand and use your ear to try and pinpoint the grinding noise. (Y)

My K11 used to rattle a fair bit on idle. I had to remove the throttle body and clean out the carbon and while i was doing that i decided to do the re-solder the electrical contact behind the plate.
Idles smooth all the time and rattle is gone.

My K11 has 122k on the clock and i have not had any problems with the engine. Engine is serviced regularly with good quality oil.

i have the same CV joint noise. as far as im aware its not a problem. the other week, i was driving along in town with the window down. slowed for a roundabout and i saw another k11 go round it. i could hear the cv clicking from 20 yards. i believe its just an irrelevant noise.