people on this site.

CMF_ndxxx

» CMF Member
why are people so self minded.
this site is meant to be a big bunch of mates who can talk and relate our ideas without writing one an another off.
i know we have a lack of moderators on the site, but its getting worse and worse. its fair enough to critisize but we need to step in on this and fix these issues and get back to our roots and relate to the one thing we love so much, anything in regards to the matter would be appriciated. thanks

CMF_MSDVS

» CMF Member
I quite agree with you on this ndxxx, ever since I've joined this forum all I've see. Is people bag others out for ideas they have, that doesn't seem to friendly to me! Someone needs to do something about it, otherwise it will end up like every other car forum

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
You might want to be specific about what you're referring to (if you are) in case some moderator happens to spot this thread so he/she can be pointed in the right direction.

Generally though from what I've seen since 2006 is that around about that time, most of the old regulars moved on. The site was incredibly civil back then - no one seemed to have a bad thing to say about one-another and people generally had above-par grammar and spelling for a forum. After that, the site was quiet for about a year then it picked up again in ~2008 and has gotten busier and less maintained ever since.

Edit: Looks like someone's making site changes right now..

---dens

CMF_MSDVS

» CMF Member
Denz just a wee example of some of the rude stuff on here that really shouldn't be on a so called " friendly forum"

Re: F/S: Exedy HD Clutch. K11
Sun 19 Sep 2010 11:05:48 PM
god...you are so thick Low...think or research b4 making a unsure comment. First most people(WITH A BRAIN) looking at that picture can guess that's an Exedy picture not the actual item. Second 'brand new' conditions specifies that it's in unopened, sealed in original condition. which mean actual item is sealed shut in the box. Third 'sports tuff' is a marketing name Exedy Australia use in the Australian market. in reality same thing.

its ok Low...you're not going to buy it anyway..you're all talk.

Maybe that will help moderators realize :)

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Geez, I'm getting sick of this but I'll say it ONE MORE TIME.
All we need here is for everyone to ACT LIKE ADULTS with an interest in MICRAS.
NOT,REPEAT NOT!!!. Like teenagers having a pissing match in some Facebook site.

Plain, simple AND EASY. Just DO IT!!!.

I can ban someone or delete a post and that's all the Mod powers I have and for any that may be from this instant gratification era I DON"T SIT AT THE COMPUTER ALL THE TIME TO READ EVERY POST AND TELL YOU TO BEHAVE.

If anyone sees something they think is inappropriate or outside reasonable boundries then Pm me with the link and I'll look at it.

I unfortunately don't have a hot line to Cisco or anyone else that can make major changes to the site so for the moment it seems like I'm all you've got and frankly I'm getting sick of the complaints about the mods not doing their job.

Instead of bitching, HELP!! , play nice and pm me if you see anything outside the boundries.

CMF_Yom2

» CMF Member
Eh its what happens guys.

The cars are now very now cheap and available to pretty much anyone with any sort of income. Further compounding the issue due to being very easy on fuel more young people are interested in them and as a result of this you have people who sign up who are growing up in an electronic world and know enough about the internet to be aware that you can get away with a different set of manners and even a different life courtesy of the anonymous nature of a forum.

I've stopped trying to help people on another forum (much larger than this one) where I moderate and I just ban people who annoy me. Its easier to ban as if I warn people about the way they post I usually cop flack from them continuously (wanna-be internet bullies...it further proves to me that they're of lower intelligence and deserve to banned when they try and argue with a moderator). The other thing many of them do not understand is that I have a different set of rules for new members and older members...yes it makes me seem like a wanker/hypocrite/two-face/whatever but I stand by how I believe a forum should work and those who are long time CONTRIBUTORS to the forum information wise and also personality wise are allowed to be a bit feisty towards EACH OTHER (usually as they know each other).

-yomlette.

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Update. I have been in contact with Cisco and I've made many suggestions for tweaking the site, unfortunately due to the age of the software some things cannot be incorporated.

I was offered by Cisco (and I say this only as preamble to my next point)full access and control over the entire CMS, the whole shooting match. Regretablly I have neither the time nor more importantly the skill to re-write the system.

However given that I believe I was given the trust and Blessings of Cisco that he was prepared to offer me control of CMF, within the limitations of the controls I currently have these are the rules.

1/ No flaming other posters
2/ No Trolling
3/ No abuse or slander of members,keep swearing to a minimum.
4/ No demeaning comments to genuine/sincere/reasonable questions.
5/ Users will get one polite warning, one formal warning, then banned if behaviour persists.In exteme cases just immediate ban.
5A. Rule 5 will apply equally to ALL users irrespective of length of time with CMF.
6/ Posts may be deleted without warning if I deem them to be inappropriate, discussion over banning/delation WILL NOT be entered into.

How CMF survives rests on everyones shoulders, be polite and helpfull, think about a reply before you post (extra points for good grammer and spelling ;-).

Advise me if you come across anything you think is inappropriate.
Any regulars with cool heads,please contact Cisco and ask to be made mods.

cisco

» CMF Member
Mipcar has my full blessing and support..

Don't be afraid to delete any moron without warning any time, you're definitely in charge 100%. I have no time for morons wasting everyone's time with lazy grammar and lack of consideration etc. You have to take a hard line approach as that is the only way. No warning required, just use the blunt tools to delete and ban people. Polite/decent members will be all the happier.
The rude/lazy pr1cks can learn the hard way. I live in Japan, people generally have manners here and that's the way I like it :p

That's the way I did things prior to 2006 and the truth is that method works because you are only left with quality posts. The end result being that people find the content inside the forums so much more useful when you don't have to sift through all the crap.

This is a controlled site - not a free-for-all mess, Mipcar is in charge.

PS - Jon has also been promoted to moderator and many thanks for putting your hand up to help too.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
For the first time, I'm actually happy with a new admin/moderator assigning. It seems in the past it's whoever has their hand up on the brief occasions that you drop by, Cisco. It's not a terrible thing - just you might not get a complete sense of who's currently a regular contributing member or not.

For example, some of the admins that have been assigned in the past (thinking back to when we were getting tons of spam a year or so ago) I've only seen post maybe a few times since they've been assigned admins and most of the old mods have long since left. Mipcar's really been the only active admin/mod the site's had for the past couple of years at least.

I've been putting my hand up for years saying I've been willing to help and have regularly checked the site since I joined ~4 years ago, but that's never really meant much it seems. Having Jon as an admin was a good move and that's probably all we need for now.

---dens

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
Well then guys answer me this. Why did it take so long to say something about everyone giving Low Micra ****. All he has ever stated is what he wants to do with his car and people flamed him like no tomorrow. Hence my comment into the other thread about the overflow bottle. I mean its not needed. I got told off big time and warned i would get banned for saying one swear word in excitement about how another users car looked and believe it or not it was a total compliment.
Yet still got a warning. Then people can flame poor Low like no tomorrow with no repercussions.

Either way i hope it gets better as i now dont post on Boost for the same reasons. This is just another site and i am not worried about not posting here either if thats what it comes to.

CMF_MSDVS

» CMF Member
sikK11 WROTE:

"Well then guys answer me this. Why did it take so long to say something about everyone giving Low Micra ****. All he has ever stated is what he wants to do with his car and people flamed him like no tomorrow. Hence my comment into the other thread about the overflow bottle. I mean its not needed. I got told off big time and warned i would get banned for saying one swear word in excitement about how another users car looked and believe it or not it was a total compliment.

Yet still got a warning. Then people can flame poor Low like no tomorrow with no repercussions.

Either way i hope it gets better as i now dont post on Boost for the same reasons. This is just another site and i am not worried about not posting here either if thats what it comes to.

I would have to totally agree with yu; & low is the one who is copping it the most just because he has goals that people think are impossible, if he's up to try new stuff then I say good on him, for bot wanting to be like everyone else & trying to challenge himself which I think he will personally succeed at :)

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Okay everyone. I think we've cleared the air sufficiently on this thread. I'm unfortunately not able to lock it but lets all agree to close it off now. We have some more mods to help out and (hopefully) Cisco can add a few more tweaks to the aging system.

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Sorry but the site does not need more mods at all. We have some good people to do that job. We need a better forum base so the mods we have can edit and ban people not doing the right thing. Also this thread is useless and just inflames things more. We are adults and im sure if someone says something we can build a bridge and get over it without all this crying and bitching. I am on the site multiple times a day and have been a member from the early days of the site but there's no need for me to ask to be a mod since we have all that we need. Sorry I was ignoring this thread but felt I had to say what I have. Now build a bridge and get over it if you don't like it.
PS I know a guy working for the same company as me who has a micra and so does his girlfriend but does not like to come here due to a few people acting like kids in the past and cant blame him sometimes.

Back