pc sound help please?

R05_Micra

Ex. Club Member
right everytime i wanna play a dvd, it plays but no sound. plays on any programe (real, div-x, media centre etc) but just no sound on nothing!

didnt bother me much but now i wanna watch the business n i cant cos no sound!

the sound works fine on everything else and cds but just not on dvds!

any ideas? cheers guys!

Are you playing DVD's from the same drive as the CD's?

If not, check you have an audio lead from the drive to the mainboard or sound card. Then find out which audio input it is and right click on the speaker icon to check that that input is there and isn't muted.

Otherwise... That's all I can remember (I use Macs now).

thats about right m8

if that dont work then, try using windows update to solve the problem, as it my be a drive issue

even without the audio cable, you should still get sounds from a CD. As said, go through speaker properties, however if CD sound is working i can't see a real reason DVD sound wouldnt..

You could be missing a audio codec. Have a look online for all the latest ones for the software player you are using.

Otherwise... That's all I can remember (I use Macs now).

I have a macbook pro too, soooo much better than a PC. Although I run a windows virtualisation on it for using visual studio, lol.

cheers guys, i did have problem with the acctual drive last time, i think i went abit mad deletin old crap and delted the files by accident.

yes its same driver for cd's and dvds, cds are fine, dvds, just no sound!

grrrr!

its a sony drive if that helps?

cheers guys!

I would start by going on the net and finding some drivers for your soundcard and updating them. Then look at making sure you have the latest version of Windows Media Player.

Back