PAS Cooler Required?

Hey peeps,

I was wondering what your thoughts on the PAS cooler were for the K11? Is it really needed? or is it another piece of over engineering by Nissan incase you take your car somewhere where its 30c all the time?

Thanks,

Nis.

Ive heard or pas pumps packing up on other cars where theyve been held on lock for too long and over heated, not sure if its really required on the micra though. Good question!

James to be honest it would offer such a minor amount of cooling doubt its worth while. You could always get a bit of 10mm copper and bend it around something to form a loop and hide it elsewhere, rather than remove it completely.

why not make a show of it and get it chromed, it is needed or nissan wouldnt of put it on as they could of saved money

fordy, just because it is there does not mean its vital for an application. There are many things on a car that are not needed but are put there. One meteres worth of ally pipe with no fins is hardly going to do anything as regards to cooling. Although I wouldnt remove it compleately I would have no problem in making one and putting it elsewhere, out of the way.

i just think it would be better if its chromed because i dont see why you want to move it unless your trying to fit a front mounted intercooler and the pipe is getting in the way of it

if your moving it for looks, why not just get a oil cooler for engine oil and use that instead, or chrome it

PAS Cooling

We remove the cooling pipe on the rally cars and we have run is some very hot weather with out any problems at all. We do change the oil at the start of every season. Just make sure you do not over fill the system or it will leak back through the filler cap.

Thanks Matt, question answered! Fordy Nis has the 200bhp K11 turbo.. with fmic etc..

Thanks for the reply guys!!

I don't want to move it for cosmetic reasons, but its getting in the way of my FMIC and also my IC piping. Sounds like I should be ok to remove it, it'll free up some vital space.

Thanks again peeps,

James.

Back