Responsible Owner Required...

Pete

Site Supporter
Rite, I don't know how to say this...

But I'm going to stop being unfair on the GOLD K10, I do too many miles and I don't want to kill it. It's running fine and producing almost 50mpg to every tank but I'm not so sure how many journeys to and from Newcastle or even just my commute to Leeds it can take. I'm buying a new Car (bigger, newer, diesel and european) and don't have the space for the K10.

Don't reply in text talk or I'll ignore you. This car requires a careful owner who will look after it.

The Car:

1989 G-Reg
Nissan Micra K10 GSX
Metallic GOLD
Partial Super S interior (all that remains of the GSX interior is the dash and carpet)
Full Super S exterior
K11 Super S steel wheels (with the funny 175width tyres all legal)
64thousand miles
had timing belt changed a few times
A/C (needs gassing and fitting a relay)
Plenty of MOT
Tax while the end of January
one patch of rust of approx the size of a 5p piece!!! I know i'm sorry I let it get so decrepid :p
Spare set of wheels
Few other bits and bobs
Depending on the mood I'm in I may even leave the CD player in.

It is a nice example of a K10 Micra and I don't want to see it turned into a chav-mobile or wrapped round a tree, but I would like to see it on the road for years and years to come as an example of 1980's Japanese engineering.

This isn't so much a free for all, if your serious about the car then give me a call/pm/e-mail and you can come down, I'll show you the good bits, the not so good bits etc... I'm quite often in Newcastle and Leeds but I live near Sheffield. I don't really want to sell to someone who hasn't seen the car as I want them to turn round and say I didn't tell them about such and such etc.

I'm not going to be asking daft money for the car either if you think it's stopping you. I don't mind it going to a young driver with not alot of cash (insurance is a pain these days I know) so long as your level headed yadda yadda...

I hope a few of you are interested to save this motoring legend (pronounced LEG-END :p)

Pete

Thats tricky for me to do being at work, but I'm sure some of the more senior members of this forum have got some they could post for me? I'll take some at the weekend when I'm out car hunting.

Price

I didn't really want to put a price as I'm not selling it for money's sake. It'll be at the high end due to age/condition and milage etc...

Attachments

• frontk10.JPG
    frontk10.JPG
    12.2 KB · Views: 406
  • backk10.JPG
    backk10.JPG
    11.5 KB · Views: 341
  • interiork10.JPG
    interiork10.JPG
    12.3 KB · Views: 360
  • side.JPG
    side.JPG
    10.8 KB · Views: 394
  • superseatk10.JPG
    superseatk10.JPG
    10.9 KB · Views: 318
Ok after consulation with the 'Elders' (previous owners of said car)... Offers in and around the £400 region would be good, but deffinately open to negotiation.

hello

hello mate

this car sounds like a good deal.. very impressed with what you have done.

i live in the manchester / warrington area and looking for my first car im not a chavvy dont worry :)

im a musician :p that goes church and looks after everything..

can you e-mail me at [email protected] so we can chat more ..

i just need to know a few things like is it a 1.2 and got the super s type gearbox.. and what are the carpets like and dash.. colour,

cheers mate

siy

As you can see from the pictures, it's got the brown carpet :S but it's in good condition.

The gearbox is exactly the same as the one it had in before, much discussion has gone into this but I'm pretty sure its the same one as the super s. It's a 1.2 yes. I suppose it could do with a service at some point during the winter but the oil is still a lovely golden colour.

Church going musician? hehe their usually the worst :p.

Ok well i'm reasonably busy all the time but I'll drop you an e-mail. I'm in Manchester (failsworth) and Liverpool (Prescot) on monday but i'll probably not have much time spare.

hay

ah oki that kool longs its in good shape thats all that i want can do adjustments myself..

yea i cant really get about much but if i could see it and get it here id give u what eva cash u want

cheers mate

I'm a charitable soul. I'll talk to you about it. It got an advisory re: wishbone rubbers that'll need sorting before next MOT but i've got a new pair of wishbones lined up for it. Apart from that it's sound. I'll throw a new fan belt in with it as I think the current ones got to the end of it's life...

It's in very good shape, But as I say the only way to really tell is by seeing it. If you wanted to get the train to sheffield one day i'd pick you up... Anyway, i'll speak to you later about it.

Pete

good for you mate, It has to go soon (within next two weeks) to make room for my vectra. New shape 2.2 Dti Elite automatic if anyone cares. Leather interior mmmmmmmmm.

MA12:) said:
good for you mate, It has to go soon (within next two weeks) to make room for my vectra. New shape 2.2 Dti Elite automatic if anyone cares. Leather interior mmmmmmmmm.

at least you will be in comfort when it breaks down all the time

depending on your asking price my parents could be interested, they do about 4-6k per year so the engine would probs outlast the body

well I'm asking about £350-400 subject to negotiation. It needs a wishbone rubber thingy (not ball joint), but i've sourced a pair of new ones for £35. Apart from that it runs very nicely. I will put a new fan belt on it as it's squeeling a bit under load and it's been adjusted all the way out.

Show off

Just because I want to show it off...

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 245
  • boot.jpg
    boot.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 222
  • interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 237
Leather, wood and plastic! just like that new rover thing!! *vomits*

You should stick that car on ebay at this rate.

I don't want it to go to just anybody. I'd sooner give it to someone I know will put it straight and look after it.

The only way you'l truly know thatl happen is to keep it yourself, or just hire a garage etc and leave it in storage.

Not got the income to hire a garage and watch it rot. It could do with a young-en who likes cars, who's willing to learn about oldish cars. It's ideal for a non-boyracerish type that likes fairly rapid small cars.

MA12:) said:
Lol PM received. Will give you a text later, am working today and tonight.
ok *does a small dance of victory, william wallace style* *without the kilt* *or blue face*

me and my dad are arguing over it now

MINE i found it

I thought it had andy's sony's in? Not that it ever mattered to me, don't get an awful lot of music on BBC radio's 2 and 4.

not wanting to be a pest but.

STILL FOR SALE.

No it's NOT going on ebay and no I won't "trick it out", no matter how tempting it is to follow in Chris's footsteps.

hello me again, sorry to bother but im just wondering if this car is for sale still? Im looking for a 1st time car, and your k10 looks beautifull mate. If anyone knows what the situation is, please place a post to let me know? mabey speedle brought it?

Speedle's shown interest but I've not got access to my work e-mail when I'm on surveys so I won't know what the deal is until late monday.

ok, welll he saw it first guess, even if he does allready have one, but could any of you super chaps keep a eye out for me for other k10 super s's for sale, I want one sooooooo BAD and I will travel anywhere to get it (except iraq:laugh:) *the earth will rue the day I get a k10 micra*:k10: p.s - all you guys on this site are super fly cool guys, thanks for letting me know whats going on with me being such a noob:blush:

Back