GA16DE + RS5F31A LSD conversion (P11)

Hello all,

I have a question regarding to my Primera P11. The reason i asking here instead of NPOC, because you guys have more knowledge with the GA16DE + RS5F31A combo as it is popular in micra tuning circles.
My question are regards to RS5F31A LSD final drive conversion. I did my research regarding to the topic i have another final drive assembly coming to experiment with. By installing phantom grip, but some info still need to be researched. Like the use of clutch plates with the present nissan gear fluid "KE916-99932" I always used OE nissan parts where possible, lubricants and coolant filters. My latest operations were involving a full PAS rack replacement, full suspension replacement. new piston rings and timing chain replacement. Had new synchronous meshes in my gearbox last year and etc. All this done on the drive by myself . If any of you have some experience on these topic i would like to have your input.
Thanks.

Pretty sure the diff I have from Quaife (unfortunately I wasn't able to adapt it to the Micra box economically) fits the rs5f31a box, it's supposed to be for a Sunny using the ga16de. Quaife recommend using the same gear oil as previously as they're a ATB diff and don't rely on friction, they consequently don't wear much either. It might be an option for you, code is QDF9L, but quaife don't make them anymore, if you think it'd suit your needs you might be able to buy mine.

Thanks for the reply fuzzy-hair-man,
Any chance you could post some pictures for me? You could look me up on npoc fb group as "Seela Primera" .I assume right, that you tried to fit it in the RS5F30A box? I will try to give them a ring later. And yes i i m interested if you selling it.

Attachments

• DSC_1149.JPG
    DSC_1149.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 258
  • DSC_1137.JPG
    DSC_1137.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 259
  • DSC_1143.JPG
    DSC_1143.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 202
  • DSC_1147.JPG
    DSC_1147.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 275
  • DSC_9976.JPG
    8.2 MB · Views: 179
Thanks for the reply fuzzy-hair-man,
Any chance you could post some pictures for me? You could look me up on npoc fb group as "Seela Primera" .I assume right, that you tried to fit it in the RS5F30A box? I will try to give them a ring later. And yes i i m interested if you selling it.
I've sent you some photos on Facebook messenger as well as a link to the dimensions, probably best to compare to your diff and go from there. Nissans seem to get called all sorts of different things around the world so it gets confusing.
Yes I tried fitting it to the Micra, all the bearings and length fitted, just the offset where it mounted the crownwheel was different, it was going to cost too much to get a new crownwheel made to correct it.

Back