Parking - Where and how?

M

m1ck97

Just out of interest, I live on a housing estate and always reverse into my parking bay as i find it much easier for driving off. I also find it easier to get out as I park in the end bay, so me and my neighbour both have negotiated to park next to each other so my small car can park next to the curb making getting in and out alot easier for both of us.

Many times ive invited friends round and they've been shocked when i've reversed into the bay as it seems pretty rare, kinda shocking really as its pretty easy. I usually find it easier to park up first time when reversing in too. If i drive straight in i'll usually end up wonky, but if i reverse in i'll usually get it perfect first time, even when I chuck it in when reversing.

How do the rest of you park?

i sometimes dont park i jus leave it goin itself round a roundabout-lol
(youve jus taken that 2 far)

well i always reverse, im so poor at pakin it forward-lol

:D

if i'm parallel parking then i always reverse, but seeing as i only drive from home to work i only have to do bay parking which i drive in forward :)

Depends on the situation. My reverse lights dont work and it can cause problems trying to park when others dont know what you're doing! Prefer to reverse in and drive out though

I like nice easy spaces, where I can drive through two, one behind the other, so I can drive in and drive out. I think if I had bay parking at my test centre on the driving test, I still wouldn't have a license lol. If there's only a choice of 1 space, I'll drive in, and usually still end up making a mess of that!!!!

I reverse into a space when parking at work, but drive straight in when parking at home!! Best of both worlds for me lol!!!

parrallel park me. reverse in as going straight in i dont like because you cant tell when ur gonna be TOO close to the kerb hehe.

my dad has a strict "my car pwnz yours, you park on the road" rule, so i just drive up to the pavement and stop! my old car had a total arse handbreak so i could put it on and do reverse handbrake turns like an amazing super cool dudette. -_-

reverse parking 4 me its 50x more easier than forward n easier to get out but its a ###### when u go forward abit at an angle from the space u want to park to get a better angle 2 go in n the guy behind u drives so close u cant reverse into the space no more! thats happened the odd time or 2 yes i was using my indicators 2 so wasnt my fault

bit off topic but talking about negotiating parking spaces have got to listen to this...
i got 3 cars at my house right now under my addy(when one of my sisters comes home from down luton for weekend it gets worse but even more worse in march when my oldest sis mini arrives nope not finished yet as it would get even more worse when my lil sis gets her car in summer! lol) (wait till end of this post n u know y its so bad)
my neighbour on right has 2 to 3cars too(always 2 but another one that comes now n again) n
neighbour on left when her daughter comes back they have 1 or 2 cars too (not always visiting tho)
and house to left of the left neighbour has a car as well

so on avg theres about 7 cars at least on my street...
ok not too bad i guess BUT my street only has FIVE houses on it...so u can imagine how long my street is lol MAX u can fit on my side of street is 4 cars! at top n bottom of my street is a junction. we park left over cars on other side of the road as u can c in piccy but other side isnt that big either

(so imagine when the neighbours daughter n her husband is visiting n my sisters r home n my bro is over n if we got any guests...it really takes the p*** so u cant get a proper decent parking place if theres every body home unless u park in some other street which is kinda stoopid...) (u cant really park on the right of the piccy either as u cant c it but its actually a bend or in those side streets as their too small n someone is 100% definiately going to clip ur car if u try) forgot to mention when the neighbours daughter comes home their the worse as when they park it takes up 2 car spaces so we fit 3 cars on my side of road instead of the usual 4!

below is a piccy from google earth of my street...so u can c the size n ive added just 7 cars lol

Attachments

• h1.jpg
    h1.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 183
Back