painting front wing

Have bought a replacement wing and want to paint it this weekend with some cans. I know it wont be perfect but itll have to do.

Can anyone give me advice or a how to? Its a brand new,unpainted part. Probably a stupid question, but do i have to paint the back of it or do some sort of rust prevention?

Any help gratefully received

paint

easy to paint by can
just remember 1 thing slow and dont rush it

i did my bike and since have done a few car bits like doors etc... and always had perfect results even with cans
this is how i did my bike
ok first i took the shine off all the plastics with wet and dry sandpaper
not down to plastics
cleaned with thinners (not to much)
had to take tank down to metal in 1 place due to a dent, then filled dent.
then sprayed all with plastic primer top grade through an air gun
let that dry for 20 mins then gave it a quick going over with a scotch pad bought from auto paint.
gave it another coat of primer and left it for a day.
next day gave it another quick going over with scotch pad and a quick clean down with thinners (not to much or will eat into primer.
then gave it a 50/50 of top coat and thinners. let that dry and then gave it 75% thinners to 25% paint 2 coats
left all alone then for 3 days to let paint settle and dry.
came back to it gave it another light going over with scotch pad ( and i mean light) then gave it another top coat 75% thinners to 25% paint.

let that dry for about 10 mins then gave it a clear coat of laquer
let that dry and then another coat of laquer.
at that stage now where i have to leave alone for about 48hrs then wet and dry laquer to a dull and stick my decals on then give it a few coats of laquer (3-4 coats) and wait another 48hrs to dry and then the polishing starts to get that lovely shine

hope that helps
below are pics of my bike before and after

before

after

If its bare metal it would be sensible to prime the back at least just to give it some form of protection

How did you find out the correct colour for your car and where did you get the paint? I need to spray some shizz

Back