Painting, dull, needs more shine ...

Zephyr

Ex. Club Member
guys i got some paint from nissan it was in a tin n on tin it was a base coat(only 1 nissan gave) but after spraying it on it doesnt look as shiny as its meant 2 b to match car (even with several coats its only like a slight matt looking like finish) am i meant to go to homebase n get some clear glossy varnish(they only do wood clear varnish samething tho isnt it as long as its clear) n go over it to give it that shine? (it did say on tin use varnish but i aint so sure so asking first b4 i stick varnish on it :p)

Im not a sprayer here but i think what you are looking for is laquer! Dont buy wood stain from homebase lol its for your car not your laminate flooring hehehe! If you go to any good paint shop (car paint shop) They will be able to tell ya exactly what you need!

Daz :alien:

yeah you need to laquer it to get the shine, halfords sell it if you can't find it anywhere else. they'll be the most expensive place tho.

:)

Base coat paint does need a laquer. If its solid then it doesnt. Careful though sometimes halfords laquer reacts badly with 2K base paints.

Get it from Nissan. They supply it with metallic paints, they gave it to me with the Colbat blue spray, Kuro black and Batic blue

nissan said they dont do it :( dont think my paint is metalic :( also whats 2k paint? gonna try halfords later :(

bw8 is the code china blue is colour but dif nissan i aint sure where there is this one is around corner from me got the laquer thingy from halfords today sprayed it on just waiting for it to dry will tell u if its done job 2morrow nite still dont know what that 2k paint ed was on about is :)

Back