standard micra needs doing up

hey all i have a facelift Xreg 1litre micra. mod wise its got a k&n panel filter with the cold air feed unplugged as its rubbish. This was done basically to stop it sounding like a metro:grinning:
My q's are:
1. I have spaces for fogs but no fogs. are they pre-wired?? so i can just buy some and fit them?
2 How much difference would a proper k&n cone make with a cold air feed and how much is this gona add to insurance.
3. Today i helped hit an exhaust (cat backwards) for an astra. I hear janspeed do one for the micra, but will it still pass the MOT as no cat will fail surely?? also how much diff would changing the manifold make?? when i first got the car i had to have the sensor replaced several times as it kept going off as im weary of tutching the sensor ever.
4. i want a nice sunstrip?? the car is red if that helps
5. i have no alloys any ideas for some nice ones?

im 18 almost 19 and insurance is in parents name with NFU how much would any mods put it up?
ive heard new cams would add HP and also obviously a turbo would. but im at uni im not rich:)

A long post i know but I have no idea what would work well and what wouldnt and what is or isnt worth doing.
the micra is a great car and its been great for reliability i nthe 18months ive had it, i just think it looks a little boring as it is.
many thanks:k11motors

EDIT: forgot to mention. i have an exhaust that bentds down rather than one that sticks out horizontally through the back bumper and looking as the jansped backbox it doesnt look like it will fit??

well i got 14''s on mine and there great. Maybe get a set of 14''s and some lowering springs. Then work from the diy section. Some great diy mods can be done............and work from there

I had a K&N induction kit on my 1ltr when i was driving it, sound was pretty nice but dont expect to have a real "meaty" sound! getting a backbox and the K&N induction kit or pipercross one will improve sound and i guess performance, but being a 1ltr it is never gonna really fly without you spending some serious money.

Do you have any pics of the car? make it a bit easier to suggest stuff!

The Janspeed cat-back replaces, as the name suggests, the exhaust system from the cat-backwards (not including the cat), so you don't have to worry about emissions. The CG engines are meant to respond well to new manifolds, and I believe that a janspeed manifold is the most effective mod for performance on the 1 litre before you start looking at serious £££ for forced aspiration. However, if you do fit a new manifold then this could well cause you to fail an emissions test.

Before you do anything else, check with your insurance company a) if they will insure you at all (some like direct line will not insure modded cars if the driver is under 25) and b) how much these mods will cost if the insurers allow them. Also be wary who you buy parts from.

im not after any more speed as its a 1litre and always will be.
unsure how to upload but heres an idetical car on ebay. my car has the same hub caps. iwant alloys yet ive just spent 210quid on new dunlop tyres cos ther stupid low profiles.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2000-Nissan-M...076037087QQcategoryZ18238QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
see the exhaust doesnt stick out the bumber as the tip is bent down.

http://rallynuts.com/motorsport/K11..._Exhaust_System_Nissan_Micra_K11_NEW_3167.asp
heres the exhuast i wanted but it says it will 9only fit the 93-2000 aka the none facelift ones where the exhuast goes through the bumper.
im quite interested in the cat back. although looking at it im sure it has a cat in there just not sure if its good enough for an MOT.

thanks for the replies though guys:k11motors

Quite easy as far as the exhaust is concerned either get a back bumper from an earlier shape like how i did or take a tank cutter to it and cut a holey!

And if you don't fancy cutting a hole in the bumper or swapping it over, then you could always have a custom 'stealth' cat-back manufactured (e.g. see the one that K-Tec do for the Clio).

Back