Paint Rejuvenation (pic heavy)

SuluR

Buy & Sell Member
Well Ive been fairly annoyed with my paintwork recently with all the scratches and dullness. I have tried lots of products eg auto glym hd wax, color magic turtle wax etc etc list goes on.

I came across a user on youtube called m22wright, does some cool scratch removal and paint rejuvenation, However this process does thin the laquar so have to be really careful. so i gripped my balls tight and thought id have a go on the bonnet (as this was getting to me the most). Thought id post here what i did.

So heres the bonnet as it was (with dirty water marks)
IMG_1187.jpg

Used wet and dry paper at 2000 grit and 2500 grit to remove scratches. Unfortunatley some chips were to big to save.
The moment of almost no return :O
IMG_1190.jpg

Used G3 compound on a buffer machine and...:
IMG_1191.jpg

IMG_1193.jpg

Was so chuffed with the results, i thought id go ahead with the whole body, most of the body was like this (or worse)

IMG_1195.jpg

and the result

IMG_1200.jpg

IMG_1202.jpg

IMG_1205.jpg

IMG_1206.jpg

IMG_1211.jpg

IMG_1217.jpg

IMG_1224.jpg

IMG_1226.jpg

IMG_1232.jpg

IMG_1234.jpg

IMG_1235.jpg

IMG_1236.jpg

IMG_1238.jpg

Pretty chuffed with the results, :)

i have used the g3 rubbing compound and the g3 polish for a few years now and its brilliant stuff ,professionals use these products they aren't cheap but are really worth it the g3 rubbing compound will put the like of t cut and others to shame there not in the same league

i have used the g3 rubbing compound and the g3 polish for a few years now and its brilliant stuff ,professionals use these products they aren't cheap but are really worth it the g3 rubbing compound will put the like of t cut and others to shame there not in the same league

You can also get g4 g6 g7and g10 (i think) which is finer to remove swirls. I used G3 then T-cut and i used Meguires swirl X as a last application which is the final few pics

Wow amazing when you wet and dried was it water for wet you were using?

And was that really just g3 on a buffer?
The results speak for themselves !

Wow amazing when you wet and dried was it water for wet you were using?

And was that really just g3 on a buffer?
The results speak for themselves !

Yep just g3 for the main results.

I used 2500 grit wet and dry paper, very very wet and light movemtn and pressure. Checking every 5 strokes or so. Used 2000 grit on heavier scratches but very carefully.

Then buffed with g3 only a couple applications of it was enough really. Used tcut and swirl x for final touchs but g3 was really enough (first few pics of the buffed bonnet are just sanded and g3 buffed)

hmm so tempted by this, i have loads of little scratches and stuff on mine that i would love to get rid of, just not sure my balls are big enough to do it..

hmm so tempted by this, i have loads of little scratches and stuff on mine that i would love to get rid of, just not sure my balls are big enough to do it..

Its pretty scary at first. I tried it on a small area on my wing which had massive scratches. I was intending to replace this wing with a better condition one but i though id try to repair it. doesnt need replacing now :D

best to do a small area first. once you feel confident do panel by panel. its hard work, was for me as i was a first timer, but well worth it.

hmm very tempting, i have lots of scratches on my car, how long would you say you rub the same place for? is it litterally just running the paper over it a few times?

hmm very tempting, i have lots of scratches on my car, how long would you say you rub the same place for? is it litterally just running the paper over it a few times?

i used 2000 or 2500 grit sand paper and with almost no pressure just rubbed with plenty of water. 4 or 5 strokes. stop. wipe. wait till it dries off and youll see if the scratch is still visable. repeat maybe 2 or 3 times more before its too much for the laquar. you have to be very careful not to take too much off.

cool, well i might give this a go on some of the small scratches, do you do it just on the scratch area or the whole panel but focus on the scratch area..

cool, well i might give this a go on some of the small scratches, do you do it just on the scratch area or the whole panel but focus on the scratch area..

I focussed on the scratch with 2000grit and done the panel with 2500. you can see on the bonne how its rougher in some areas and lighter on the top. however this just means more to buff. some areas wont need much at all

I do this after i have painted mine with rattle cans. To get rid of orange peel.
But i start the process with 1500 and work down to 2500 to flat the paint.
Got a big box full off sand paper and cutting compounds. Always good to have that stuff in stock :)

Back