Paint

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Bummer just washed the car for the first time in ages and knoticed the paint on the roof has finaly given up to the harsh WA sun. The clear coat on the roof pillers started peeling off at the end of summer and I was just going to get that fixed but now it looks like ill end up having to get the whole roof re-painted. The clear coat has died and has faint cracks which has effected the micra green paint under it so theres no easy fix without painting it I guess.
Anyone here had/has the same problem? Any ideas on the cost of painting the roof?

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Bugger hey. :( Dirt and associated contaminants work together to ruin clearcoat. The sun really only works to fade the colour. Your paint problems do sound like simple neglect (not washing for extended periods of time is bad) and i dare say the rest of the car's paint would be quite questionable (even if you can't see anything wrong with it yet).

Go and talk to a few local panel beaters. You won't be coming home with much change from $800.

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Rest of the car is perfect and its just the roof. Car has being well looked after and my mothers car has the same problem but hers is a lot worse so I think its just the harsh WA sun thats damaged it.
Ill have a chat to a few painters about cost but im thinking ill not get much change from a grand :(

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Id say it wouldnt be too much, as time to prep a roof is relatively easy. Being an LX, with no sunroof is a bonus too as that would make any spraypainters eyes turn green (or pink if you pay in $5 notes)
Main thing to do is get as many quotes as possible. I got 4 before i went with my final price for the backdoor.

CMF_Ghetto Micra

» CMF Member
I want to get my entire micra re-painted... I was thinking about 'prepping' it myself. stripping it properly of it's windows/seals, and rubbing back the paint thats on it, back to bare metal... then maybe giving it a basic primer myself.. then get it to a real painter/booth for the rest...

thoughts? anyone had their micra re-sprayed? cost?

cisco

» CMF Member
Where's the best place to buy new door seals from? Do you have to go through Nissan Genuine? Yeah Ghetto, I wouldn't mind doing the same one time - pearl white! With a HK11 front end slammed on.

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Sounds great Cisco,I'm starting to think that your more comfortable with your car of the road than on. I suppose i can't comment mines been of the road for over 6 months already.

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Pearl white is my all time fav car colour and the micra would look great in it. I think the mica green is one of the best colours the micra came out in but id love to have it re-done pearl white.

Back