P0xy car

C

caffer

Right, yesterday i had the air con regassed and blimey it works really well (regassed with R49). Only trouble was the gas decided to make a hasty exit later that evening, the nice aircon man said he would regass it for nothing though :D
Only thing is i now need a air con radiator (the pipe split at the rear bottom right :( )

Then after i had it regassed i though it would be a good idea to give the car a new set of plugs, leads, dizzy arm & cap (halfords trade is not bad pricing £3.50 for a set of NGK V grooved plugs). All i can say is the dizzy cap is a b1tch to change, the bottom screw is anyway.

Anyway, the problem is after doing all this the check engine light has come on and wont go off. :-(

The only thing that i can think that would have done this is that i used the ignition to turn the engine over to get the dizzy arm in the right place so i could get the screw driver on the dizzy arm ( i know i sould have turned the crank with a big socket but i was being lazy).

Anyone got anyidea where i can get a rad for the aircon or why the check engine light is on.......OR is there anyone in the Tonbridge area that has a data cable that would be willing to plug my car in and tell me whats wrong with it?

Cheers in advance guy and gals

Caffer

why did you put in r49 gas which is a substitute for r12 gas when your aircon system is meant to have r134a gas in it?

well the gas that was in there was deffinatly r12 (k plate) and more to the point its a better refrigerant

well considering its a 1993 car, a jap import, it was more of an assumption than anything. To be honest though it makes very little difference, the system was vaced out, and refilled with r49 which has a better mollecular structure (the particals are larger) and there for is less likely to leak in the long term.
This thread isnt really a debate on what gas is better (maybe we should start one?) so any chance it could be kept on topic?

Sorry if it sounds a bit abrupt but would really prefer some constructive help if possible :blush:

well my engine is playing up alot jus now too and would like to know more on this data cabe for fault finding, wat do we know about it n were do i get 1, price also thanks.

stephen

ps on a note to babyboom if u need stuff for ur micra i stay in glasgow and have family in the scrap game if u need help with it ie the handbrake cover u wer looking for in gemmas thread?-lol

sorry caffer :p

K11SS said:
ps on a note to babyboom if u need stuff for ur micra i stay in glasgow and have family in the scrap game if u need help with it ie the handbrake cover u wer looking for in gemmas thread?-lol

sorry caffer :p

grr , lol
Well if someone in the nearby area is kind enough to plug my car in I will get back to you how well it works if you like

thanks alot caffer hope ur prob is simple, mine is weird as hell

i have so far changed TB, Distributor, Leads, Plugs and ECU. also had it checked by rac to check my infectors were firing correctly plus the other sensors and i still have my problem wat is left to do :(

stephen

why did you take this distributer appart??? iv never known that being done before id guess thats your problem take it to nissan and ask them to check for error codes....

caffer said:
well considering its a 1993 car, a jap import, it was more of an assumption than anything. To be honest though it makes very little difference, the system was vaced out, and refilled with r49 which has a better mollecular structure (the particals are larger) and there for is less likely to leak in the long term.
This thread isnt really a debate on what gas is better (maybe we should start one?) so any chance it could be kept on topic?

Sorry if it sounds a bit abrupt but would really prefer some constructive help if possible

sorry you didnt state in yor first post that you had a march k11, maybe if you give the specs of the engine 1.0 or 1.3 we might be able to help you

caffer said:
The only thing that i can think that would have done this is that i used the ignition to turn the engine over to get the dizzy arm in the right place so i could get the screw driver on the dizzy arm ( i know i sould have turned the crank with a big socket but i was being lazy).

turning it over by the key or crank dont matter, maybe you damaged something in the dissy when you did it

Fordy said:
i dont know of any k11 which uses r12 gas feel free to prove me wrong tho
Fordy said:
sorry you didnt state in yor first post that you had a march k11, maybe if you give the specs of the engine 1.0 or 1.3 we might be able to help you

turning it over by the key or crank dont matter, maybe you damaged something in the dissy when you did it
Jap 1.0 K 1993

Nope deffinatly did not damage anything, everything was kept well clear.

why did you take this distributer appart??? iv never known that being done before id guess thats your problem take it to nissan and ask them to check for error codes....

To change the dizzy arm and cap. I dont really want to take it to nissan as they will charge a small fortune. If i took it there i may as well just buy my own data cable and software, was hoping there may be a kind person on here that may be near by with a data cable.
And possibly someone that has removed there air con that may have there old condenser radiator that would be willing to sell it.

Just thought i would let you know that the "check engine light" decided to turn off, i can only assume that the ecu kept it on for a preset distance to make sure all was ok and then reset itself (presuming the speedo is electronic)

Now just need to find an air con condencer rad :-(

re: the engine light....couldnt you do the paperclip test and just read the flashes of the engine light?, it would give you the code anyway....just a thought

EDIT:

soz never saw your last post :wasntme:

philzee said:
re: the engine light....couldnt you do the paperclip test and just read the flashes of the engine light?, it would give you the code anyway....just a thought

EDIT:

soz never saw your last post :wasntme:

I would if someone would tell me what it is, i have asked if anyone has an electronic copy of the service manuals but no one seems to have got back to me either with an offer of one or a pointer to where i can find it

not much use if i havent got one.

Now unless i am being daft i thought thats what a forum was for, to share the knowledge? Or am i just being silly?

caffer said:
not much use if i havent got one.

Now unless i am being daft i thought thats what a forum was for, to share the knowledge? Or am i just being silly?

working on it now...will email a scan of the page in the manual..

(pssst...just don't tell haynes lol :p)

EDIT:

ok, just emailled the pic to the addy in your profile...any probs getting it gimme a shout ;)

Back