Overhauling engine but now stuck :(

Hi so i'm rebuilding the engine of my micra but have come to a standstill, i cannot seem to get the timing chain cover off have removed all bolts i can see including the two behind the plate cover but it's stuck fast, any experience on how to get it off?

Is the head removed though because you said in the first post including the 2 behind the plate cover which i think you mean the upper chain cover....

You removed the engine mount? And theres a 10mm bolt at the front of the engine block (to the left and down of exhaust port 1)

yeah sorry sealer , my bad :) and no also my bad heads not removed (still learning :wasntme:) but ive been trying to follow the haynes which doesnt seem to suggest you should have to? ?

I only use haynes for torque sizes for rebuilding the engine, the pictures are difficult to make out when you dont know what your looking at lol also what are you planning to do when you overhaul the engine?

ah ok, well its kind of more a rebuild i guess but basically the previous owner tried to drive home with next to no oil in so i need to get the camshaft out to get it cleaned up as the majority of soft metal from one of the bearings is on it and then just check it over to make sure nothing else is knackered :)

ah ok, well its kind of more a rebuild i guess but basically the previous owner tried to drive home with next to no oil in so i need to get the camshaft out to get it cleaned up as the majority of soft metal from one of the bearings is on it and then just check it over to make sure nothing else is knackered :)

those cam journals are linebored and numbered eh dave, you may need to "lap" any replacement ones

yep i know their numbered and stuff , what would you mean by "lap" though?

with lapping paste mate, G3 autorefinishing cutting paste would probably suffice,
if you fit different caps the cam usually locks up solid :eek: is it the 1 piece/double, chain-end one ?

Back