CMF_lam.666

» CMF Member
hello

im stuck with the removal of the head on the micras engine, so far:

1. removed rocker cover
2. removed cam holders, cams are still in place
3. removed timing chain cover, and removed the guide and the 17mm bolt there
4. removed the bolts around the head

this is where im stuck as i dont seem to know what else to remove.

i've noticed that under the cams theres some HEX looking bolts but dont have a hex key that big, and im not sure how to remove the cams as the chain doesnt seem to want to budge and i dont want to break anything.

does anyone have a PDF copy of the nissan workshop manual, i know there was some talk about it ages ago but seems like nothing happened with that, i'd pay some money for a copy of it as i'd know other ppl would too

so if you have one PM me or if ur selling the actual nissan workshop manual PM me too

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
iam.666

those hex bolts are factory plugs i think.
chain will come off when you take off the big, end bolts (22mm?)not the 17mm one.
i can send pic of "1" page of haynes if you want ?

CMF_lam.666

» CMF Member
well guess im stuck as i dont have a 22mm spanner, but i'll take your offer on the page from the haynes manual

could you send it to crzie at hotmail . com

thanks frank

smidge

» CMF Member
haynes manual is the way to go mate, i got mine from overseas, took a month or so but only ended up costing around $25 aussie...

you can get them through www.haynes.com.au

or autobarn, although autobarn wouldn't bother getting one for me... about $40 i think retail worth if if you can sell decent amount of parts etc

CMF_lam.666

» CMF Member
thanks smidge, i was thinking about that but thought the nissan one would be more better detailed

might get that in the mean time until someone copies the the nissan one

cheers

CMF_lam.666

» CMF Member
you champion, thanks for those

theres probably enough there for me to remove the head, i need more pictures tho like a childrens story book, and i think thats how the nissan workshop manual is like

Back