Opinions on new wheels for my K12 please!

I have a K12 micra e and am looking to put nice rims on it instead of stock steels. There is a set for sale locally which are gunmetal grey Kahn RS-S 18" which im told will fit my car

I know it is going to effect the acceleration of my car but will it be durastic or is it hardly noticable? because im not looking for a fast car just a little head turner for going around town and a micra e on 18s would be crazy.

the wheels are pictured below, the ones that are for sale are exactly the same as the ones below, they are gunmetal grey kind of the same colour as my car.

Also does anyone know the average price for some 18" tyres?

Any opinions are appreciated as i dnt want to make a huge mistake :p

Cheers.

3508712370_1518605800_m.jpg

OK thanks Pjg1979, these are the actual ones for sale.

Lol. Yeh i agree. like i said though this is just a pic to show how they look, i dont know how to upload the pic of the real ones from my pc so had to use one from the internet.

I use flickr on yahoo, once I've uploaded the picture I just right click the image and click properties copy the link and on this page click on the insert image icon and then paste, sounds like a long way round, but that's the only way I know how to do it, lol.

they look quite nice mate would personally go for 17`s only thing with performance i would say is to check the weight i will dig my spare 16" wheel out of the shed tomorrow an check the weight for you i wouldn`t go much over that weight

i will dig my spare 16" wheel out of the shed tomorrow an check the weight for you

Thanks very much, i appreciate it. i will find out the weight of one of them wheels and compare.

my car is the same colour as yours, and i think these wheels will go nicely with tht colour since they are similar.

well the wheels currently on mine are 16" gunmetal sport alloys they are bing changed soon to 17`s although my 17`s are very lightwieght so i know i won`t have a problem will dig out my spare tomorrow or look on one of the ones on the car if i`m fitting my new ones :)

those kahns are very very heavy, i had a set of 17's on my old rover and they are very heavy, also the lip sticks out over the tyre a bit so are prone to kerbing, i bought mine second hand and they had been kerbed to pieces.

ALSO i would suggest if possible getting 45 tyres on them as 40's give a muc harder ride and leave you bricking yourself everytime you hit a pot hole you didnt notice.

I must say 18's are a bit excessive on a micra as it will now look like a monster truck and you wont be able to drop it much on 18 inch wheels.

Performance will be effected as will your speedo, going from tiny wheels to these monsters will be a big change, good luck

They look very tidy, wouldnt mind a set of them. Think they would suit a k12 perfectly.

Also does anyone know the stud pattern for a k12? its something like 4x100?

4x100 but be careful about the centerbore....I picked up a very nice set for our company C+C only to find out the thing has a much larger hub than expected...wheels fit the JDM March perfectly but the hubs on the Micra are about 2-3mm too large. I could throw on some 5mm spacers to "cancel" out the hub lip but the owner here doesn't want to go too aggressive (he's old! haha)

Kev, if you don't want your pants pulling down on bigger tyres, Kuhmo KH11's are fantastic. 185/50/16 size for my 160 are about £62 each fitted and last an easy 25,000 miles :).

Back