Oldie but a Newbie

M

Mitch1982

Hi everyone,

I finally decided to re-register after about 3 years of not visiting the site and since selling on my K11 1.3 SLX.

Some of the older members may remember me, my name was BigMitch on the forum I last saw! I remember guys like SR Micra Boy, Ed, Kev and JamesT.

I was talking to a guy who was a member today at Morrison's petrol station, it was a nicely modded Mk2 K11 reg ended JMS, thats all I can remember.

This is my current car and also my fiancee's car too, which some of you may remember from the old site.

My car:- - - -

fehrlt.jpg

fehpw4.jpg

Lee-Anne's car:- - - -

rblbn7.jpg

rblbx4.jpg

Hope to be here for a little while and catch up on the Micra scene!

I'm just outside Stirling up in Scotland.

Thanks for the welcome guys :)

Yeah I was reading through the topic about the meet, are you guys having that with the Scottish Jap Club? Not too keen on taking my GT around the track, although I've still to take her up the quarter mile at Crail!

Cool, welcome back to the forums (even though I haven't been on here long enough to remember you ;))

But all those you mentioned are still here, and Ed has a second ST with about 180bhp :cool:

I just looked on the backup forums (yes, I still have access to them ;)), your last post:
Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 6:55 pm Subject: Edinburgh - this weekend - Camping!
Hi guys,

We could make this a gang meeting as I may attend if everyone else is, especially Niel. Im just down the road from you in Leslie Niel, Im in Kirkcaldy.

Mitch.

Welcome back :)

Wasn't far away with the guess of 3 years! I remember that post too! My circumstances have totally changed since then as well, all for the better it would have to be said. I don't have any pictures of my old Micra unfortunately, digital cameras were still unheard of back then!!!!

Hi Mitch :)

Welcome back, always good to see old members popping back. I now have a heavily modified Corolla but still here running the club.

Mazda's looking a bit more modified from when I last saw it, did you import that kit in the end? I think it was from AUS wasn't it?

Kev

Well remembered Kev, nice to hear from you too :D No we ended up finding the same sort of site as this for the 323 and they have a lot of discounts and stuff set up with a lot of Dutch/Belgian companies so that's where most of it came from.

Need to spend a bit of time trawling through this forum to see what's new in the world of the Micra. Certainly a lot more members than I remember of old!

Still an excellent site.

hehe! good memory you see ;)

Well the MSC has changed loads since you where here, the site has evolved no end, lots more features, James has done a superb job on the site and still busy adding more features when he can.

The membership has grown as well, all working as it should now lol! We have a fair few companies on board offering discounts. A few members trading through the MSC and more planned.

Here's a few pics of mine.

Attachments

• new1.jpg
    new1.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 165
  • new2.jpg
    new2.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 153
  • ice1.jpg
    ice1.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 154
  • boot1.jpg
    boot1.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 145

nice GT there :)

I was gonna get one but hear that some can be troublesome and i cant chance it :eek:

Love it Kev, really outstanding. Toyota all the way! Or Jap all the way should I say, I strayed for a few months with a Peugeot 406 Coupe. The most beautiful car to drive and also to look at. But not enough poke in the enegine, was only the 2.0 16V and too much money tied up in it. So she went and the GT came in her place.

Ian said:

nice GT there :)

I was gonna get one but hear that some can be troublesome and i cant chance it :eek:

Who told you they were troublesome? Only trouble is if you mod it without knowing what you are doing. I am running 144whp with 15psi of boost and I haven't had one problem at all. www.toyotagtturbo.com and see some of the mad beasts on there. One guy is running 324bhp!

Are you a member on the Toyota Owners Club? I'm MSC_Kev over there and was involved as toc editor for a while and still a gold member. It's a great club with an awesome membership package.

Good place to go for info on the GT.

Kev :)

Mitch1982 said:
Love it Kev, really outstanding. Toyota all the way! Or Jap all the way should I say, I strayed for a few months with a Peugeot 406 Coupe. The most beautiful car to drive and also to look at. But not enough poke in the enegine, was only the 2.0 16V and too much money tied up in it. So she went and the GT came in her place.
I would actually drive one of those 406 Coupes, but it would have to have the 3.0 V6 :)

Kev said:
James has done a superb job on the site and still busy adding more features when he can.
:blush:

Thanks for the welcome again guys, nice to hear some friendly words. If it was K10 Daz, Titch then he is a sound guy. Told me my tyre was flat! But it was only flat on the bottom mind, fine everywhere else on the rim! ;)

Mitch1982 said:
Thanks for the welcome again guys, nice to hear some friendly words. If it was K10 Daz, Titch then he is a sound guy. Told me my tyre was flat! But it was only flat on the bottom mind, fine everywhere else on the rim! ;)

Deff sounds like him man!

Oioi mitch hows u?

Yeah Im still here, still got the micra, well half of it, turned the rear end into a modified rolling BBQ, lol.

My main car is an Almera gti which is going well, also started my own company importing bits for the almera and primera which is going well so all is good!

Mazda looks well smart mate, always like that, glad to see u've got a kit on it now aswell.

Thanks for the welcome again guys!

Yeah I see in your avatar that it's half the car it used to be Neil. Good to see that you are having a success with your business too, love the Almera GTI as well. A really underestimated car I think.

Got more plans for the GT than for the Mazda now it would have to be said, I've ordered new suspension and relocating the air filter and got myself a Blitz LM Front Mounted Intercooler on the way too. Should be looking at about 150 - 155bhp at the wheels the next time round on the rolling road.

Was running with 143.4whp with stock Top Mount so after doing the Front Mount and another couple of mdos it should be up to about 155whp :D

Back