old micra left outside for a year, few problems

i was away and left the micra sitting in front of my house, i was going to just scrap it but my mate passed his test so i told him he can have it for free but needs to pay for repairs.

well i tried to jump it the other day but it was raining etc... dont think i left the battery connected long enough as nothing happened, perhaps the battery is dead?

so next step i tried to move it, brakes seized, im thinking rear brakes as the hand brake was left on... nope the front nuts are seized! any ideas on how to get them off? so far ive used wd40 and sprayed it on just.

basically this thread is to find out if it worth while getting it fixed and MOT ready if you can buy a car for a cheap as 500£ with MOT and tax?

try a battery off another car to see if it is a dead battery, you can try to unseize the rear brakes by giving the the old fashion hammer the drums to loosen them off. also check the sills for rust and so forth,

other hand scrap her if its too much work but keep parts such as parcel shelf with speakers front bumper with spot lights, etc.

You can buy micras up my end for around 500 with tax and test on just get looking.

Hope this helps :)

try a battery off another car to see if it is a dead battery, you can try to unseize the rear brakes by giving the the old fashion hammer the drums to loosen them off. also check the sills for rust and so forth,

other hand scrap her if its too much work but keep parts such as parcel shelf with speakers front bumper with spot lights, etc.

You can buy micras up my end for around 500 with tax and test on just get looking.

Hope this helps :)

i can get a lend of a battery charger dont know if its any good though and i think the battery is completely dead.

its the front nuts and hub(i think its the hub its not turning at all) not the rear. theres not much to keep from my micra to be honest!

how long has it been stood? explain which front nuts?

left out for over a year, mold inside etc... yes the nuts on the front wheels have seized, only got two off. atm i just sprayed wd40 on it and i think the hub has seized as well as the wheels arent spinning at all

Tbh it sounds to me that unless its a rare model in good condition worth saving then its probably not gonna be worth the time/money to get it sorted.

a year isn't long, wheel nuts are and should be easy to undo, it won't turn because the brake disc will have gone rusty.

Back