Micra problems.

T

tbourner

Bought a 94 Micra about 6 weeks ago, 46k miles not bad!

1 Lady owner before, and had been left for a while, so I'm assuming at least the exhaust will be gone within the year!
Garage said he'd changed the clutch and battery and done servicing stuff. I got 3 months warranty anyway.

But now the clutch is feeling a bit rougher than it was, and it's making the whiring noise that disappears when I press the pedal in - Is this definitely the release bearing? How can that be unless he didn't change it or adjusted it wrong and it somehow wore out within 1500 miles!!

Also nearside suspension jumps over bumps on corners, and offside front clonks coming off my drive - new shocks?

Anyone else had clutch problems?

How long would a release bearing last if the clutch was adjusted wrong and it was rolling on the bearing all the time?

sounds more like the primary shaft in the gearbox to me, i think micras suffer with gearbox probs (alot of guys will know more about that, not had micra for long) i think the bearing spins all the time anyway, just without pressure on it, but if it was bearing i would expect it to be more noisey when the clutch is down tbh.

yeh sounds like the thrust bearing. have it checked out. it aint a bad thing, you'll just have to put up wit the noise. but would avise to change it and have the clutch and pressure plate changed at the same time, as this would be cheaper in the long run.

Apparently had a new clutch about 2000 miles ago!! Maybe adjusted the pedal wrong?

Is it an easy-ish job to change? It's a gearbox out on my Supra which means 3 hours+!!!

well adjustin the pedal wont make any difference to the thrust bearing. when it was done they probably didnt change the thrust bearing. well its box out for nearly all cars but cos its so small and theres hardly nothin there to take off it should take bout 2 hours in and out. if you have a ramp. but never done it on the floor so couldn say how long it would take.

Back