Ok, so Rev Counter

Joe.Powell

Ex. Club Member
Ive looked at most of the 'Rev Counter' Threads on here, and they are all kinda iffy.

Does anyone know actually how to fit one? Its a external jobby with 3 wires, im assuming one goes to the positive battery terminal, one goes to the dizzy, what about the other wire?

Any links, or advice is greatly appreciated, ill document my installation hopefully giving a detailed guide :D

Joe

Depends.

My guess would be ground.

Although it could be a number of things. Might be attached to a lighting fuse, so it lights up when you turn the lights on, or it could be other things.

yellow is side lights / dash lights

black /earth /negative

red igniton switch /

you can use the ignition switch and earth off your stereo

green goes to the blue wire on your dizzie then thats it

i fed my wires to the dial surround !! and fed them threw that way

Its all fitted, took her for a spin, all was fine, strangly, 70 mph in 4th is arround 3.5/4k RPM, just me being strange? Ill hopefully put some piccys up, really really easy to do tho

Yea, I did in the end, First off I ran perma cables from the battery, went to buy a switch to make it work, then saw the post about the radio you sent me :D

Its all fitted, took her for a spin, all was fine, strangly, 70 mph in 4th is arround 3.5/4k RPM, just me being strange? Ill hopefully put some piccys up, really really easy to do tho

Depends on your engine size. I know in my 1 ltr when I wanna pick up pace, I shift at 4k, and in 4th, that's around 60 to 70mph.

70 is about 3.5 in 5th. Wish micra's had a 6th gear :(

Nah, should red line at 6500 IIRC

Max revs on the scale is 8000, although there isn't a limiter, so you could keep going. I've taken it up to 7500 in 3rd, not something I'd do again in all honesty. I'm more worried about the gear box and diff then the engine.

mine kicks in at 69000
joe p
are there any alternative settings on your tacho ?

Type'o? 69k Add some wings and you shalt fly!

There is one switch on the back, but i belive its just changing the colours of the lights, i'll have a check in a minute and see what I can find out.

Sat it next to my mates Clio, both rev'ving away, and its sounds more like 6.5k in my opinon. Unless the Tacho is reading it wrong. Any Idea's?

Ahh, that might explain the 8/6/4 switch on the back, ill set it to 4 then, yea?

red is power, black is ground, green is dizzy :)

Just noticed, i have mine hooked up to the red power, black -NEGATIVE, and green to the blue dizzy, could that be giving a incorrect reading?

Strange thing happened today, going up a hill, stuck it in 5th at about 25, because I couldnt be bothered to drive, looked over at the rev counter, and its bouncing up and down, and then dropped :( I fear its not working

Back