Oil return pump

pork

Club Member
Where im thinkimg of putting the turbo now, it may nit give the best oil drainage, it looks a litttle horizontal if you know what i mean, so, I may have to use a oil scavenger return pump, if this is the case, can I return the oil to wherever? Like, maybe even tap into the oil filler plug, or one of the breather ports on the rocker cover?

What pumps are best? What should else should I look out for?

Atm, about an inch to 2 inches, maybe :-/

What u think? That enough?
my TD025 only had a couple of inches drop eh

td025.jpg

Haha, like it how you have a photo for every question :D

So I coud be in the clear then.

A return pump can't be that difficult tho? I'm quite handy with wiring stuff up, then it's just a couple of pipes?

Also, if I had a scavenger pump, could I pump it through an oil cooler before it re enters the engine?

Haha, like it how you have a photo for every question :D

So I coud be in the clear then.

A return pump can't be that difficult tho? I'm quite handy with wiring stuff up, then it's just a couple of pipes?

:D i pulled it off my cisco blog neil, and the pump has to endure very hot oil ! there,s some info out there on rear mounted turbo,s eh (at the back of the car)

Also, if I had a scavenger pump, could I pump it through an oil cooler before it re enters the engine?
its only a trickle tho eh, else you starve the rest of the engine
here,s another pic for you lol, this is the flowrate when you forget to refit the pipe o_O

PB020273.JPG

Yeah, been lightly reading over some off these builds, the mocal pump seems to be the right pump for the job and rated for these temperatures.

Was jus wondering about getting the oil back into engine after the pump :)

Back